Ya Or Na

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Ya Or Na

Okay guys, got another one for you. Any of you heard of the Yokohama Geolander AT+II? I called the tirerack today, and they told me that these tires were rated at the top in there category. In fact they were right along side the BFG T/A KO, but a lot cheaper, like $98 a tire for 265?70R17. Compared to $171 a tire for the BFG.

Does anyone here have Yokohama's? If so, what do you think. I even checked out 1010tires, and they rate there tires on a 1-5 basis, and they gave them a 5.

I am partial to BFG, but man, if this is suppose to be just as good, I am more than curious. What do you all think?

Old 09-11-2002, 04:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You could try them out and let us know how they do.

Old 09-11-2002, 05:36 PM
Ya

I am in the same boat - and am giving the Yokohama's some serious consideration. Someone is buying them, because the stock at Tirerack does not last long.

Old 09-11-2002, 11:29 PM
Yokohama Geolander AT a very good in the snow. My g/f has those on here blazer. I will be buying them for my Bronco as soon as the BFG's wear out.

Old 09-12-2002, 03:14 AM
I've had Geolander A/T's on my '97 2WD for about a year now. The only time I didn't have traction last winter was when starting on an icy hill, with an open differential. Other than that, they handle very well in rain, mud, sand and snow.

The downside is that they are very loud. They also have a very stiff sidewall. At 34PSI, it feels like I'm riding on basketballs. Another problem I've found is that they are nearly impossible to balance. Yokohama recommends match mounting and it seems that most techs have no idea how to do this. Mine have never been perfectly balanced

Overall, they're priced reasonably, wear well and have amazing traction. I wish I'd chosen BFG's instead though.......

Old 09-12-2002, 10:16 AM
I've had the Geolanders AT+II for about 4 months now. They are very good tire in the rain, sand and mud.If you don't rotate about every 4000 to 5000 miles, they seem to wear easily. That is what I was told. I don't think that they are too loud. Plus they are a great looking tire.

Old 09-12-2002, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I am still wondering about these tires. Like Ajragno siad, and from others on this site, I have heard about the matching that these tires need. I am not sure if I want to deal with that.

Plus I called my local tire shop, and he said they are a good tire, but they have reported that the tire does wear quickly compared to others on the market.

I appreciate the comments