BF Goodrich AT/KO's

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BF Goodrich AT/KO's

Hey guys,

My stock Goodyear Wrangler LT265/70/17 are going to be needing to be replaced after 73,000 (coming up) and I need your help.

I do almost all of my driving on the roads, but I take a trip or two down to Baja for some surfing/camping and we take some dirt/washboard roads from Mex. 1 to the coast. Somebody on a Baja website recommended the BFG AT/KO's to me. What do you all think of this? Good tire for my driving?

I was also going to get some Rancho9000 shocks.

How much are those BFG AT's....haven't priced them yet.

Thanks for your help

Surfer

Old 07-16-2002, 10:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My previous set of tires were the BF Goodrich All Terrains, and in my opinion they were the best all around tire I've ever ran. Quiet and smooth on the road, and can handle their own off-road. They last a hell of a long time too. Although they are a little on the pricey side, I say for what you said you needed in a tire, I think they will work just fine for you.

Old 07-17-2002, 09:48 AM
BFG AT/ko is an excellent tire. You will love them. They are not cheap, though. They run $180 or so each. You'll wonder why you kept the GY's so long.

Old 07-21-2002, 12:22 AM
had 265/70/16 on my old ranger. My mom bought it from me and so far the truck has 68000 miles, and the itres were put on at 5000. Id say they have another 17000 miles left in them. These tires kick ***. They are 100 times better than any stock goodyear. Took my rtanger 4 wheelin with the gooodyears, and got stuck within five minutes. After the BFG's i NEVER got stuck. And i went through some pretty hairy stuff not noisy on roady, they dont wander on the road. get em! mine cost 750, mounted balanced, with road hazard. (three years ago)Its funny the last two sets of BFGs ive had, i NEVER had to use the road hazard, and i drive on construction sites. MY goodyears on my new f150, ive ahd them fixed twice in 4 months.

Old 07-21-2002, 03:34 PM
Have you been convinced yet?

I'll have to go along with these guys. I have had the All Terrains on my 2 previous Rangers and within a month of buying it, I replaced the RTSs with ATs on my FX4. It is like driving a different vehicle. The BFGs are much more in tune with our F150s. Best all around tire I have had. Works well in all normal conditions, and especially good in the wet.

Quick Reply: BF Goodrich AT/KO's