Anybody else have this problem???

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Anybody else have this problem???

Hey guys!
I know this question sounds stupid but has anyone ever had a really hard time getting their wheels off? I have a 99 F-150 with chrome steel wheels. The truck originally came from Minnesota and I guess the salt must have rusted the wheels on. I've never seen anything like it! I dont think the wheels have ever been off. I tried WD-40 around the lugs and kicking the tire with everything I had but it wont budge. Anyone have any suggestions? I even gently let the truck down on the wheel with no lugs but it still held tight. The front and back wheels were both the same way.
Thanks for any help anyone could give!

Old 11-20-2001, 12:46 AM
Try WD-40 around the hubs, the center hole of the wheels. The wheels are hub-centric wheels and are centered by the hubs, so the fit can be tight.

Old 11-20-2001, 07:10 AM
Try a large hammer and block of wood; I've had similar problems with other vehicles. Make sure you don't hit the rim directly with the hammer.

To prevent this from happening on my 2001 Supercrew 4x4 (I live south of Buffalo NY, snow and salt country) I put a high temp grease between the rim and the rotor; never a problem again getting those wheels off.

Old 11-21-2001, 07:13 PM
Thanks guys!
I'll give it a shot!

Quick Reply: Anybody else have this problem???