Big-O XT vs. BFG AT KO

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2001, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big-O XT vs. BFG AT KO

Ok, i have BFG AT KO's now and i new a new set of tires by winter. I am looking a the Big-O XT and the AT Ko's in a 265/70 R17 size. Big-O will sipe either or stud the XT's for a extra charge of $10 each tire. I like the BFG's but i do not like them enough to go out and buy another set without thought. the price diference is $6 per tire with the XT's being cheaper. What do you guys know about Big-O?

Old 09-07-2001, 09:48 PM
scottybones,

big o has always been a great tire with an excellent warranty. i used to have a set of the xt's. they lasted pretty long and rode pretty well. good luck, rich.

Old 09-08-2001, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the reply Rich,

I like Big-O and i think their warrenty is unbelievable. I think i am going to do another set of BFG AT KO's and have them siped. I just need a reason not to do it.

Old 09-10-2001, 11:39 PM
Well, if you're gonna be THAT pushy....I'll have to respond!
I love my BFG A/t ko's! I am on my second set now. fantastic tire. But I cannot comment at all on the BigO tire. I have never even heard of it. Do they have a website? If they do, please post it here so I can check it out, if not, tell us something about this brand.

Old 09-11-2001, 01:15 AM
Here. lets add to the posts...

I know nothing personally about either tire, never used either. Folks who use the BFG's swear by them. Thats it all I know...

Old 09-11-2001, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the responces guys. Big-O is a tire store in the west and they carry pretty much every tire out there. They also have their own line of tires that carry a serious warrenty. it has a lifetime road hazard warrenty and a tread life warrenty. the tire is made by Goodyear but it is designed by Big-O. www.bigotires.com I think i am going to get another set of BFG's and have them siped but i always like to look at the compeating brands.

Thanks for the posts guys

Old 09-13-2001, 10:47 PM
Thumbs up

Well i got the XT's and i had them siped. for 4 of them, 4 wheel alignment, lifetime road hazard, etc it was like $738 Big O Tire is unbelieveable. the owner of the store was working the counter and i dealt with him. Big-O is mainly a western USA tire store and brand. which are make by goodyear. I told him that i spent a whole bunch of time in Buffalo, NY and Big-O nearest store in in indiana. He said if i get the tires rotated or rebalenced at a store anywhere there is not a Big-O i can bring my reciept to him and he will refund my money. this is because big-O provided these services free of charge. The tires ride better than my BFG's ever did and they are more agressive and as good looking as them also. I would reconmend these tires and the brand to anyone.

I will post picts tomarrow

Quick Reply: Big-O XT vs. BFG AT KO