Need some wheel advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some wheel advice

I'm planning to sell my 2000 F-150 (with intent to buy a newer f-150 , and then this had to happen...

I spun out on some ice a month ago, and hit a curb. Didn't realize I'd damaged one of the wheels - 16" MB wheels, model 72. I'd purchased these 3 or 4 years ago, and was surprised to find that they didn't make them any more. I've scoured the internet and cannot find one to replace it with. The damage amounts to the edge of the wheel being bent inward and is putting pressure on the tire. It's enough that the tire shops won't touch it, won't do a rotation. Probably rightfully so.

So I'm in a bit of a predicament. What to do?

KBB says the truck is worth about $5k. I really don't want to sink ~$400 into a new set of wheels. I may already need to replace the rubber before we are able to sell the truck in the spring. The spare underneath is a steel wheel, but same tire. So what would you do? Put the spare on, and sell it as-is?

I've been checking CL and ebay, looking for wheels with the right lug pattern (5x135), and not coming up with options there.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are shops that repair wheels. I'd look into that. Be sure to research the shop's reputation.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting... I'll look into this. Thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: Need some wheel advice