Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wonder if you can just install them yourself and get the free pads

Old 08-04-2014, 12:59 PM
There's the catch.......the pads are free, not the labor, the most expensive part. There are also other rules, they also say the brake system must be repaired to be safe in their opinion....so just bend over, here it comes. This a marketing ploy for Ford to help support their dealers.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by aussiekeeper
There's the catch.......the pads are free, not the labor, the most expensive part. There are also other rules, they also say the brake system must be repaired to be safe in their opinion....so just bend over, here it comes. This a marketing ploy for Ford to help support their dealers.
I would call it a smart business tactic ...... Don't think anybody really does anything at all just because it's the right thing to do and a business certainly would not if it does not make them money.

Even myself with the volunteer ambulance corp as well as the FD .... I do it because I like the feeling I get helping others. We all do things to get something in return.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by Pockets
Even myself with the volunteer ambulance corp as well as the FD .... I do it because I like the feeling I get helping others. We all do things to get something in return.
Had to pop on to say don't sell yourself short Pockets. Sounds to me like you're doing it for the right reason. You're making a difference to people when they desperately need help, and getting no other reward than that good feeling you get by being there when needed. Quite different from this offer from Ford.

And I know not all volunteers do it for the right reasons. Some do it for the fame, some for political reasons, some for the adrenaline rush, and other reasons.

So kudos for volunteering for the right reasons.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:43 PM
and don't forget that most owners never change their brake pads more than once... maybe twice...

By that point they are looking for a new vehicle.
And the offer is not transferable.

So chances are slim that Ford will be giving away very many brake pads for "free".

(and did I mention that the first set you buy is marked up 10X the cost to Ford... they are doing OK I'm sure)

Quick Reply: Free brake pads for life from FOMOCO