New brake rotors with a duration and stop really?.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New brake rotors with a duration and stop really?.

Hello everyone. I'm next to change the front brake rotors, slotted and were present, the impression that I have is that these grooves act as a blade slicing brake pad prematurely. Has anyone ever experienced this? , I remember the first Hawk LTS brake pads lasted about 3500 miles, it was metal to metal contact and had to rectify the rotors, in fact, this happened like 2 or 3 times, and the slots disappeared after this, the pads last an average of 20,000 km. My truck is supercharged and Crew Cab for handling day to day, I tend to drive hard, I have not seen useful life of more than 23000 Km The conclusion I have reached is that perhaps a nice "full" rotor, ie not give me the greatest slotted Useful life that you are using and what they think of this?. Thank you.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The advertised idea of slotted rotors is to "wipe" the surface of the pad and remove a minuscule part of the surface, so a clean pad surface always contacts the rotor, thus giving you optimum stopping power.

As for actual performance, some people claim to have better stopping performance during aggressive driving, but one tangible effect is that wet braking has a much better initial bite due to the slots shedding water.

If you're chewing through pads in 12,500 miles, then something is mechanically wrong, or you are an insanely "spirited" driver. Slotted rotors shouldn't reduce the life of pads by that significant of a margin.

Quick Reply: New brake rotors with a duration and stop really?.