Newbie question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 06:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie question

Hello. I searched but have not found an answer to my particular question so here we go.

I just purchased a 2007 F 150 work my work vehicle. Now most people think this means it's hauling parts or getting beat up however this one, while it is going through some fairly rugged terrain going to our natural gas drilling rigs, it also needs to be able to look good when cleaned up to haul execs around.

So I want to do a leveling kit, I am thinking the bilstein shocks, and some **** cepek rims DC2, and I would like them to stick out just a tad. Something aggressive but not overbearing. Plus I have to do a lot of highway driving so it needs to be good mannered also.

So I guess I want my cake and eat it too, any suggestions?

Old 02-27-2014, 11:58 AM
The bilsteins are gonna be on the stiffer side, so better offroad, less for the execs though. If your on the company dime, I'd considered a set more like foxes, kings, or icons. They'll have some of the best on and offroad manners for leveling struts.

I wouldn't go any bigger than an 18" wheel. Smaller wheel is going to make it look better to the execs, increase ride quality, and allow got to air down a little bit more. Something around like -12 offset and 9" wide would have you sticking out the fender a little.

As for tires I problably would only go with about a 33x12.50, leave yourself room to flex offroad. And for on and offroad, toyo m/ts have great reviews.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:38 PM
My dime lol. I wish I could pawn it off on them!!!!!

Old 03-05-2014, 06:00 AM
What would a +25 offset look like with a. 18x9 rim Would that stick the rims way out of the fender wells?

Quick Reply: Newbie question