Tire Suggestion for My 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Suggestion for My 2013

I just bought a new F150. I'm thinking of buying a set of Nice 20" BMF REPR 6 Wheels, I'm trying to get a more aggressive tire then my stock Pirelli Scorpion, But I don't want to sacrifice MPG Any suggestions on a tire that looks more aggressive yet not much in the way of Rolling resistance,

Old 01-01-2014, 11:28 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Vcast
I just bought a new F150. I'm thinking of buying a set of Nice 20" BMF REPR 6 Wheels, I'm trying to get a more aggressive tire then my stock Pirelli Scorpion, But I don't want to sacrifice MPG Any suggestions on a tire that looks more aggressive yet not much in the way of Rolling resistance,
http://ca.coopertire.com/Tires/Sport...-ZEON-LTZ.aspx

Old 01-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Yep thats what I'm talking about, I think a dealer I have delt with in the past is a cooper dealer, I will drive by and take a look!

Old 01-02-2014, 02:13 AM

BFG Rugged Terrain

https://www.google.com/search?q=bfg+...w=1366&bih=664

Not even considered an all terrain, still a highway tire that just looks good. I've got em and they're smooth as I could ask for.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 01-02-2014 at 02:17 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

You may get a lot of input with every tire everyone has. But that's OK. Gives you a good place to start. I like the Coopers too. I have two sets of the AT3's. One for summer on chrome rims, another for winter, Until I just purchased a set of the Discoverer M+S winter tires. Now I have two sets of summer tires that should last for quite a while. I haven't seen any lose in mpg, if there is I haven't noticed it. For the street the Scorpions May be OK, but for any real off road anything will be better than those Scorpions.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
BFG Rugged Terrain

https://www.google.com/search?q=bfg+...w=1366&bih=664

Not even considered an all terrain, still a highway tire that just looks good. I've got em and they're smooth as I could ask for.
Ok Now we are getting closer to the look, So No real MPG Loss with this tire! And do most of you guys go a size bigger and install the level kit, ?

Old 01-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Ok Now we are getting closer to the look, So No real MPG Loss with this tire! And do most of you guys go a size bigger and install the level kit, ?
That's a non-sequitur, son.

IF you go larger AND level, you should expect mileage loss. Tire will be heavier ( affects static mass, and rotational inertia ), and yer aeros will be worse. AND - yer speedo/odo and shift points will be affected, rquiring a programmer to fix ( add $400 to yer budget ).

Thing aboot the LTZ is, they are as light as the stock ATR's ( keeping stock sizes ). BFG is a heavier tire. The LTZ is an XL tire as well - good compromise between standard load and an LT. And they are a steal, price-wise.

Coops look amazing on a truck even in stock sizes compared to BFG - I'd keep it that size if you are truly serious about retaining mileage.

Good luck.

MGD

Trending Topics

Old 01-02-2014, 01:39 PM

The AT3 or LTZ would have been my other choice, and is what I wanted originally. The LTZ is a full-on all terrain, but had no mileage warranty at all. I don't care about tire warranties because they just prorate the next set, but it turned me off that they didn't offer one. The AT3 and Rugged Terrains both had 50 or 55k. Both are a great value in the 275/60/20 size (33.0 x 10.5") and I believe the BFGs were about $10 more per tire. But that size is the cheapest full 33" tall tire and is the biggest size before a huge hike in price.

I bought my truck all stock except with 22s with 305/40/22s an then switch wheels when I got the new tires and leveled at the same time, so I'm not a good gauge for MPG. It will get at least a little worse with a level and bigger tires though.

Looks are relative. I think both look good, but got my BFGs because I preferred the looks.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 01-02-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Well Looks like The Cooper LTZ is what i'm going with, I'am going to see how it looks without the level kit, I would assume I wont need that unless I opt for a larger size right?

Old 01-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Here are the wheels I'm buying from My Buddy this is his truck, Name:  IMG_7575_zpsdb7e0a79.jpeg
Views: 79
Size:  59.9 KB

Old 01-02-2014, 08:50 PM

Are those TIS's or what?

Old 01-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Here they are Retail about 500.00 Per, I got a smoking deal on them he had them for 3 Months, 800.00 http://www.bmfwheels.com/wheels/repr...ug=6&style=pvd

Old 01-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Ok Been on this all evening, I have decided to go with My Buddy BMF REPR 6 Chrome Wheels and I Thought the Cooper XLT Was the tire until I found out the weight on that tire, 53Lb Compared to 43Lbs on the stock Perilli and 42.4Lb On the rugged terrain, I would venture to guess that cooper would really effect MPG, So Now I'm Leaning towards the Rugged Terrain any thought's on this tire??

Old 01-03-2014, 06:13 AM
Ok Been on this all evening, I have decided to go with My Buddy BMF REPR 6 Chrome Wheels and I Thought the Cooper XLT Was the tire until I found out the weight on that tire, 53Lb Compared to 43Lbs on the stock Perilli and 42.4Lb On the rugged terrain, I would venture to guess that cooper would really effect MPG, So Now I'm Leaning towards the Rugged Terrain any thought's on this tire??
Not sure where you got those weights ( unless it was a different size or the LT version ). But the weights are a wash.

For the 275/55R20 XL's it's ~ 47 lb. So ~1 lbs per tire less than stock ( keep in mind that it IS also an XL, not a SL like the Pirelli - for me the 400 lb increase in load capacity per tire is a huge bonus). See this link fer weight:

http://www.discounttirezone.com/COOP...XL_p_3000.html

BTW - the stockers are 48 lbs: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....WLV2&tab=Specs

Those above are the raised white letter version ( which is OEM).

Now, the blackwall version (different tread width) is only 41 lbs, but you don't have those I don't think. These: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=yes&tab=Specs

I run these Coop LTZ's myself - no noticeable mpg loss related to tire compound or tread design, and superior in every respect to the stockers. Simply fantastic in the rain, and very good in snow.

BFG's just look "meh" to me . Personal choice - neither is a bad tire so yall cain't lose. At this point, may as well decide based upon the price you can get for either. When I was looking a couple years ago, the Coops were significantly cheaper out the door - a no-brainer fer me (which is a good thing ).

Good luck.

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 01-03-2014 at 07:09 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:11 AM
I just goggled the tire and spec and found the weight of each tire, I though the 53 Lbs was high for the Cooper, But you know what they say, " If its on the Net it's true..LOL I will check with a local dealer today and I'm sure they will have the correct spec's!! So what Tire looks more aggressive, Coop or the Rugged, If this truck was not a daily driver I would be looking totally different direction, So I know its a compromise either way!

Quick Reply: Tire Suggestion for My 2013