sticking brakes no hair left to pull

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sticking brakes no hair left to pull

Hey guys sorry if this situation has been posted and resolved but Im having some front brake issues and if indeed this has been addressed with a correction please direct me.

concern 1997 f-150 4.2L V6 front brakes only hanging up at times only with engine running.Brakes can sometimes be applied up to twenty time without an issue then next application brake pedal will not fully return and brakes partially applied.

I have flushed the system DOT 3 hydraulic brake fluid.
Replaced Brake booster, master cylinder, both front calipers and both front rubber brake lines. When the brakes do not hang up they work great, no execess pedal movement.

Again this only happens with the engine running speed does not matter.
Engine off brake pedal always returns as it should.

any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:57 AM
I would say its a booster problem, but you indicate you replaced the booster.

So I would look at the pedal assembly. Maybe something is preventing it from returning?

When you shut the engine off does the pedal get hard right away? My guess for why it doesn't happen with the engine off is that your vacuum bleeds down (due to an old check valve) and then the booster spring has enough force to return the pedal.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm new to this so hope this is proper fromat for my question which follows; 98 F150, v-6, 4.6L..front brakes were sticking. Replaced calipers and pads, then bled the front brakes. they are now hard to rotate by hand w considerable friction but are movable.
I understand that the pads ride on the rotor with some friction, but this seems a bit much.
This is my first brake job so need to know what approx amount of friction is reasonable for new pads. I do plan to replace the rubber brake lines as there was some black particle discharge during bleeding. Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: sticking brakes no hair left to pull