Replacing front brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2001, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Replacing front brakes

When replacing front disc brakes on 2000 F150 XLT Supercab. Are there any special tools required?

Old 08-14-2001, 09:17 AM
I have a 99', and I am assuming that they are the same. No special tools needed. Just need standard socket set. They are very easy to change out.

Old 08-21-2001, 12:06 PM
Question ABS

What about the ABS system. Someone told me it was easy to damage the ABS system when changing pads, and that I should just take it to a shop. To me this sounds like B.S., but I suppose there might be some truth. Anyone? I've changed pads many a time, but not on a ABS equipped rig.

Old 08-24-2001, 02:11 AM
The front brakes don't know they are ABS, so don't tell them. The ABS has nothing to do with the caliper and brake pads. 2 bolts are removed and the caliper comes off, carefully use a block and c-clamp to slowly compress the 2 pistons in each cailper back home. Remove the 2 brake bads, clean things up a bit, and reinstall. Probably takes 15 minutes a side in the driveway. Make sure at least one pad on each caliper has the metal "warning tab" affixed. My pad set came with 2 pads with the tab and 2 without - so just match up a set for each caliper before you start the install.

Quick Reply: Replacing front brakes