Brembo Replacement Front Rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Brembo Replacement Front Rotors?

So I was looking for replacement rotors for the front for my 2005 Lariat F-150 4WD. After looking around I found some Brembos for a decent price. However, when I went to install them the rotor hat/turret (whatever its called) was about 1/4 inch too shallow, thus the calipers were binding up on it and I couldn't get them installed.

The problem I'm having is that according to Brembo's website, I ordered the correct rotors. However, going back to it I looked at the schematics of the part and it shows the rotors to be about 1 1/2 inches deep. However, when I measured the stock rotors I was replacing, they were about 1 3/4 inches deep.

Anybody have any ideas?

Seems weird that Brembo would have the wrong rotors listed in their catalog, however try as I might I can't figure out if/where I made a mistake. The only other front rotors I show listed in the Brembo catalog for that year/make are for the 7 lug configuration. Even the box these came in show replacement for part #5L3Z1125AA

Old 08-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you need to be having a serious talk with the Brembo people about the rotors!!!!!!

Old 08-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Rears in a front box maybe?

Old 08-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Funny I saw this post. Had my mechanic order me new rotors for the front the 2 weeks ago. He ordered the Brembo. They wouldnt fit at all. He compared them with the old ones and you could tell a big difference in size.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by K.R.newbie
Sounds like you need to be having a serious talk with the Brembo people about the rotors!!!!!!
I e-mailed them at their contact page, so we'll see what comes of it.

Originally Posted by worm5932
Rears in a front box maybe?
I thought about that, but the rears on these trucks are even deeper, no way they'd work back there. Before I measured though I thought that might be the deal, in which case I was just going to hold onto them for down the road.

Originally Posted by 06JR
Funny I saw this post. Had my mechanic order me new rotors for the front the 2 weeks ago. He ordered the Brembo. They wouldnt fit at all. He compared them with the old ones and you could tell a big difference in size.
Do me a favor and let me know how your situation turns out. I'm trying to figure out where I go from here as I ordered mine from an ebay seller. To his credit he sold me the part number I requested, but he himself was under the impression that they'd fit as well based on Brembo's on-line catalog.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Well my mechanic just sent him back to his supplier and we just got a different brand.. Goodluck with the rotors!

Quick Reply: Brembo Replacement Front Rotors?