Stock wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock wheels

This is a continuation from previous post.

After scavenging junk yards I have found a set of factory wheels. Taking the 20's off but think I may have ran into a problem. I haven't put the wheel on the front hub yet (rear, yes and they are fine). I think the wheel/tire may rub the spindle. My truck has a bit of a lift. Not sure how high or what. The guy at off road shop said something about negative and positive offset. Going to check on my weekend. If I have a rubbling issue, will wheel spacers fix my problem?

'02 F150 King Ranch
Thanks,
Rocky

Old 08-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What do you mean has a bit of lift...please elaborate. Any stock wheel from an '02 should fit just fine without rubbing, regardless of lift.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:36 AM
The stock wheels should be fine, but what tire size are you putting on it?

The problem with offset is this.

The offset on a factory wheel is usually neutral. This means the measurement from the front lip of the rim to the center hold is the same as the the rear lip to the center hole.

If the offset is positive (meaning the front lip is closer to the center hole than the rear lip) then the size of the tire is the determining factor. If you use too big of a tire, it could rub on the inside of the fenders or frame.

If the offset is negative, then your tires will stick out further, but should not rub the inner fenderwell. (may rub the top of the fender if too tall)

Old 08-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by dfwtxpatrick
The stock wheels should be fine, but what tire size are you putting on it?

The problem with offset is this.

The offset on a factory wheel is usually neutral. This means the measurement from the front lip of the rim to the center hold is the same as the the rear lip to the center hole.

If the offset is positive (meaning the front lip is closer to the center hole than the rear lip) then the size of the tire is the determining factor. If you use too big of a tire, it could rub on the inside of the fenders or frame.

If the offset is negative, then your tires will stick out further, but should not rub the inner fenderwell. (may rub the top of the fender if too tall)
I am planning on factory 265/70/17. Maybe BFG rugged terrain T/A or General grabber HTS. As far as my lift is concerned: No idea the height or whether or not its body or suspension. Been on my list of things to do to go by 4x4 shop and ask them so I know. Bought the truck the way it sits now.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:17 PM
You should be fine then.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Mounted the wheel today with no tire. It appears I will be ok. Looks like plenty of clearance from the spindle and control arms.

Quick Reply: Stock wheels