Whats the BEST 35inch tire

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 11:37 AM
JDm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats the BEST 35inch tire

Ok here the Question:
what is the best all around on and off road tire made in 35x12.50r16 ????
is it a: Procomp M/T, Procomp A/T, BFG A/T, BFG M/T, Superswamper TSL, SSR, Thornbird, Mickey Thompson Baja Belted, Baja Claw, Baja Claw Raidail, Yoko MT or any others that you guys know of............

thanks
JDm

Old 08-09-2001, 01:25 PM
I'll let you know...

I'm putting on 315/75/R16 Goodyear MTR's on my truck Tomorrow and then driving three hours to do some offroading on Saturday. Then driving at least five hours home on Sunday so I'll be able to let you know how well they do on and off road fairly soon. I know the 315/75 is a tad bit smaller than the true 35x12.5 but i don't think you can notice the differnce. I'll post pics as well on Monday when I get back.

Old 08-10-2001, 09:24 PM
WOW

Well I just put on the new tires and they howl a little on the highway but not bad at all. They handle and ride very well. I'll post Sunday on how they do offroad.

Old 08-10-2001, 09:36 PM
JDm
hey klaibs27,

got any pics of those MTR's

thanks
J.D.

Old 08-11-2001, 11:01 AM
I should have pics up by tuesday at the latest. These tires set this truck off now. It looks mean as hell. We're on our way out the door to test them offroad in Wellsville Oh.

Old 08-11-2001, 12:10 PM
well i put the yoko m/t's on my truck cause i like the directional tread. Which is why i may go with the procomp x-treme terrains next time (by that time they should be out)...and i suspect, being procomps, theyll be better on and off road than the yokes. I like the procomp m/t...the a/t are ok, but they don't give the truck the mean look i like. The tsl and thornbirds are great offroad and look pretty rough...but onroad they are horrible, and so are the SSRs. The belteds are pretty cool (didn't know they made a 35x12.5x16 size), but they aren't good in mud- they are awesome in sand tho' . But they wear pretty bad also. I really like the MT/R Goodyears too, and i think they perform fairly well on road. Oh, and if you can wait it out a couple months, BFG is coming out with a 315/75R16 in their MT. So basically i think the best overall tires for on/off road are:

ON ROAD (in order):
1. ProComp A/t
2. BFG A/T
3. ProComp M/T
4. BFG M/T
5. Yoko M/t
6. Goodyear MT/R
7. Baja Belteds
8. SSR
9. Thornbirds
10. TSL

Offroad (in order- mud):
1. TSL
2. SSR
3. Thornbirds
4. ProComp M/t
5. Goodyear MT/R
6. BFG m/t
7. Yoko m/t (I have had absolutely great experiences with these in the mud- but a couple of others have not, so i am trying to be un-biased here)
8. ProComp a/t
9. Baja Belteds
10. BFG A/T

Notice that the only one in the top 4 of both categories is the ProComp mt. Of course, these are in my opinion. But i've seen em all on and off, and i think you need to decide which is more important to you...on or offroad. I have a whole bunch of friends with thornbirds and SSR's...and if you can put up with the downgrade in ride and the noise, then they are pretty sweet. But this is my opinion: ProComp M/T.

Hope this helps....

Old 08-11-2001, 12:14 PM
it just occured to me- i left the claw off the list. They would mix about the same as the SSRs, imo. Don't get the non-radial claw, because you are getting the same performance tire, with a rougher ride...
-brandon

Quick Reply: Whats the BEST 35inch tire