Hub Bearing Destroyed, anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hub Bearing Destroyed, anyone else?

Hi guys, well i haven't made a post on here in awhile but i figured this was necessary. I had heard a noise coming from my front end but i didn't think it was that big of a deal. Well last friday i was about 30 miles out of town and it decided to let loose.

I first noticed that i lost mostly all of my braking power so i limped about 5 miles to a friends house. We jacked the truck up and the whole wheel/rotor/caliper combination would wobble about 8 inches in and out freely.

I just broke the truck down today and our shop and the bearing is so gone i could pull the whole hub assembly apart by hand while half of it was still bolted to the truck.

I feel like my truck is finally started to fall apart . i guess it is a testament as to what wear larger tires puts on a truck. Oh well, im trading it in in a couple of weeks for a new f-250 anyways.

now for pics.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:34 AM
My old (03) f150 running only 33" was in need of replacement when I traded it in at 81K. It was still drivable but if I was going to keep the truck it needed to be replaced before long. Not sure how many miles you have on her to date, but with your setup I am not surprised at all. Good news is, it did not cause an accident.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:08 AM
I've got right about 85k on it now. yeah I would have hated trying to keep control of this thing after losing a tire.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
the few I've replaced all have had 150k+ on the clock

all of them have had tires larger than stock also.....

Quick Reply: Hub Bearing Destroyed, anyone else?