XD Monsters

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
XD Monsters

Just throwing this out here for some possible answers. I have a set of 18" XD Monsters wrapped with Firestone Destination A/T's 275X65-18, nothing special. The problem is that it is practically impossible to get these things balanced, I have had these to four different places and had them 'Road Force' balanced and they still are not good. I don't know if it's the tires, the wheels, or what. I'm about ready to pitch these in the dump. I also have a set of Bridgestones on **** Capek 'Torque' (same size tire) for winter use and they are smooth as silk. Does anybody have any input as to what the problem might be ? It happens in the 50 to 70 mph range mostly although I can get it at low speeds also, sort of like a 'flat spot' in the tires that does go away. The tires are an LT size with a 'C' load rating (50 psi max) and I am running them at 35. Any input would be appreciated.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possibly just ****ty tires, some tires are just crap. I mounted up four trail grapplers the other day and 2 of them took over 6 ounces each to get them to balance while the other 2 took under 4 ounces. It just depends of the tire sometimes.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Put some big beefy tires on them. They are a 9" wide wheel. A 10" wide tire won't cut it. My 12.60" wide Toyos ride very smooth and are well balanced.

Quick Reply: XD Monsters