kanati mud hog by greenball

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 09:48 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood691

the worst 1200.00 experience ever. (tires, old dispose, mount, balance, road hazard etc.)

I paid 1200 to tire my truck,

On amazon.com, I paid $160 per tire. Amazon.com offers Ship-to-Store Tire Installation (4 - Tires) Provided by: Sears Auto Center at $19.99 per tire. That includes all fees for mounting, balancing, valve stems, disposal, recycling.......NO HIDDEN COST when you pick up your truck.

$640 for 4 tires. $79.96 for installation. Amazon.com collected my state's sales tax and State Tire Fee (disposal/recycling). My math worked out a little better than your out the door price. And that was your buddy's shop that charged you about double what I paid? Sorry about that.

I was skeptical of ordering tires from Amazon.com. But the tires were fresh stock. Mine were all manufactured in the 14th week of 2018. Believe it or not; I know someone who bought tires from a store, and they sold him tires that were 7 years old.

The Sears Auto Center tech actually did a good job. She saved the used tire that she felt was in the best condition, and told me to go get a spare wheel. As she correctly pointed out, I have a lift kit, and the OEM wheel & tire would not work in the event of an emergency. When i returned with a new wheel, with correct specs for the lift kit, she mounted & balanced the tire, then installed it under the truck into the spare tire well. No extra charge.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:50 PM
Old 08-30-2018, 09:50 PM
Now that I've put some miles on the tires, I can say that they are okay. Nothing bad happened.

For me, the only thing that the tire needs to do, is not fail. No loss of traction. Enough traction for braking. No blowouts.

Being a frugal person, or as my ex liked to say, "cheap bastard", I am getting my money's worth with every mile;

Not an endorsement for you to buy these tires. You may have much more rigid demands on your return on investment. You may tow and haul a lot more weight. You may spend a lot more miles off-road, where your demands are more than mine. I don't know if driving over a well manicured lawn, or down into a soft sand beach, even qualifies as "off-roading". The closest I come to mud is when the sand is wet from the surf, or the lawn has just been watered and the soil is soft and saturated.

Quick Reply: kanati mud hog by greenball