kanati mud hog by greenball

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kanati mud hog by greenball

Has anyone tried a set of mud hogs made by I beleive by kanati, and or greenball? Tread pattern looks really similar to the old style goodyear MTR's. I had a set of MTR's, and i loved them. They worked excellent in mud and snow. Actually very impressed how well they worked in the snow. I am considering trying a set of these since they seem really close to mtr's. Wondering if anyone has any feedback on them. Thanks...

Old 10-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Bump....checkin one last time. Think im gonna spend the money and see how they do. Just really hopin to get some input first, thanks...

Old 10-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Wow, its amazing how many tire dealers slander the brands they dont carry. Treat you almost as if you are a fool for considering anything other that what they offer. If its not a big name brand, they act like its junk. I personally have had some good luck with off brand products, mostly due to a little more personal attention put into their product. But thats just my opinion. Not to mention some of the excellent reviews i get from actual users of the product via the internet. Granted everything you read on the net is not always factual, when a certain opinion is the majority, usually its hard to dispute. Alright im done with my rant, back to shopping.. thanks

Old 10-03-2011, 05:44 PM
i actually just got off the phone with a tire place here in town and they said they are awesome and at a good price to they want $924.33 for all four tax and all. size i got priced was 285*70*17

Old 10-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Did a little reading on their website, looks like they use Goodyear for the supplier recently. So it stands to reason why they look like the old MTR's. They do't show many sizes on the site.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:07 PM
285 70 17 is exactly what im lookin for. I cant find anyone local around here who carries them. Heck I havent even found anyone who has ever heard of them, lol.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by wannaride2
285 70 17 is exactly what im lookin for. I cant find anyone local around here who carries them. Heck I havent even found anyone who has ever heard of them, lol.
Yea the guy here in town actually told me about them and qouted me $924.33 for all four mounted balanced and warranty. Not a bad deal. Where u located?

Old 10-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Sorry, havent been on in a while. Im in southern michigan. Wish I could just find someone around here who has them. That sounds like a pretty good deal mounted and all. Is it big franchise store, or more of a home town tire store?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:21 PM
You'd be surprised how many of the "off brands" aren't really that far off. If you've ever heard of Gillette, Sprint GT, Peerless, Widetrack, and Dayton, just to name a few, then all you're really buying is a Firestone Tire. A lot of the larger tire manufacturers do this. Sometimes that Dayton tire is the exact same tire, down to the steel belts, it's just cured in a different curing press where it gets Dayton branding and a slightly different tread pattern. Nothing wrong with buying a lesser known name just need to research it as you are trying to do now. Wish I could help more with that particular brand but as it's not manufactured by Bridgestone/Firestone, I'm at a loss.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Thumbs down

I know this thread is almost a year old but felt I just had to chime in on KANATI Mud Hog Tires......WORST tire I ever bought! That was the worst 1200.00 experience ever. (tires, old dispose, mount, balance, road hazard etc.)

I paid 1200 to tire my truck, (F250 SD Diesel) at about 13000 miles on these tires, 2 tires seperated. Went round and round with tire store and could get nothing done, cause mud grips have no milage warranty. Finally my buddy at the tire store just pulled it around and put me 2 new tires on, (All terrians NOT KANATIS). 2 days later the other 2 seperated. The first 2 I forgot to keep, and the 2nd two I kept. Greenball inc. sent me a fed ex call tag and picked up the 2 tires, told me they would check them and possibly warranty and refund me some money on them. Great I thought,...until 3 weeks later when I got a phone call from them saying they could not warranty the tires, because they had a "Patch" in them. I said WHAT?? a patch voids warranty on them, So I asked, what are you supposed to do? Drive around on a flat? They told me No, you are supposed to call Greeball inc. before doing anything to the tire. BS!!! I would never buy another or recommend them to anyone.......Any Greenball Inc tire as far as that goes!

Between my troubles and many other customer problems with Kanati's my buddies at the tire store sent 40,000 in Greenball, Inc. tires back and will no longer deal with them.

Kanatis are MFG in Indonisa, and Greenball Inc is the importer and distributor for them. Stay Away From Them!

Hollywood

Last edited by Hollywood691; 09-03-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tires are one of those things that you usually get what you pay for. A lot of times a cheap tire is just that, cheap.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
Tires are one of those things that you usually get what you pay for. A lot of times a cheap tire is just that, cheap.
I agree, alot of things fall under that rule, you get what you pay for. My tires are 285 70r 16, and I thought with mount, balance and road hazard 1200.00 was pretty expensive for tires, but they looked like a really good tire. I hated them from the 1st day with all the soft rubber walking they did. After all of my troubles, I really HAte em now LOL!

Old 09-22-2016, 10:29 PM
Well Ive had a pair of mud hogs for a few months now on my 2011 f150 and so far have been nothing but impressed with them, I convinced my old man to put a set of theyre trail hogs on his 2014 jku and he loved them aswell. The mud hogs are wearing out pretty past even for a mud tire. off road ive had no complaints what so ever and on road they have held up very well for a mt, seeing the older reviews saying that they were trash I reckon they changed something in they're manufacturing process

Old 08-14-2018, 07:15 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by samoan_pride43
Yea the guy here in town actually told me about them and qouted me $924.33 for all four mounted balanced and warranty. Not a bad deal. Where u located?

35X12.5R17 Mud Hog are currently $160 per tire on Amazon. That makes them $640 a set. Wal*Mart installs tires for $13 per tire.

"Wars are won by soldiers, but lost by generals." - me quoting myself

Old 08-14-2018, 07:21 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueBeaut
The mud hogs are wearing out pretty past even for a mud tire.

Mud tires use a softer rubber with larger lugs. This is not ideal for pavement wear. This is why you usually do not see a mileage warranty like you would see with Highway Tread.

Quick Reply: kanati mud hog by greenball