Nitto Trail vs Nitto Terra

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitto Trail vs Nitto Terra

Currently have the Nitto Terras 295/70/17 on my excursion, as mentioned in another thread I have had a couple instances when off road hunting where I have gotten close to stuck. My cabin is near Mohawk / Herkimer NY - 3 or 5 hour drive depending on where i go - and i also go up to the Adirondaks so i deal with off road gravel & dirt roads in fall / winter / spring and that is the focus on this purchase, city driving is not my problem where a tow truck can reach me, it's upstate in the hills where no ones coming that worries me. Looking to get new rubber before the season and I'm indecisive on what to get, stick with the same Terras or change to the trails.

1) needs to be able to handle snow / water / mud / dirt and gravel roads effectively.

2) trying to get some decent life out of them, I have been happy with the Nitto Terras, and from reading all the threads seems most enjoy Nittos as well.

3) tips on psi, and proper maintainence, etc - currently on a excursion, do some towing have the Nitto Terras @ 55psi and 65psi my mechanic never gives me a straight answer (never rotated my Terras since mounted and honestly no issues )

Also now with people who have had the Trail grapplers for a while how o you like them, tread wear, handling, overall are you happy with your purchase?

Thanks (and I searched and read the older posts for those who feel compelled to remind people, just seemed like people were reviewing with under 10k miles or right before a storm and never followed up)

Old 09-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Anyone lol - help me buy new tires (feel free to make suggestions)

Old 09-23-2011, 12:23 AM
i just bought trail grapplers 35x12.5x18

they look awsome and are the quietest agressive tires ive ever had. they ride nice and they also do great in mud and on wet pavement.

ive only had them on the truck for about six thousand miles so i dont know how well they wear or how they are in the snow but ive heard good things.

the only things i dont like is they are heavier then my old tires i had (sxt mud terrains). but there was no change in mpg, and they have a little to much sidewall flex.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:26 AM
cheapest place i found for them was discounttiredirect.com.
i think they were 1250 shipped

Old 09-23-2011, 06:37 AM
Originally Posted by mxracr15
cheapest place i found for them was discounttiredirect.com.
i think they were 1250 shipped
I got the quote of 1100 shipped, but I'm gonna try and do better

Old 09-23-2011, 11:32 AM
I was in the same boat that you are in. Had the terra grapplers on my last couple of trucks and overall I was happy with them. However, they do not clean out in mud. I replaced my last set of terra grapplers with Cooper's new ST Maxx. These tires are marginally louder. They have performed well. I've yet to test them in snow.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:35 PM
terra graps are decent onroad and leave much to be desired offroad. definitely don't mud well.

Quick Reply: Nitto Trail vs Nitto Terra