Duratracs, "D" vs "E"

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duratracs, "D" vs "E"

Hi,

I want to put the Duratrac 275/70R18 tires on my 2011 Lariat Screw (stock wheels are 18"). The only "issue" I have is that they are "E" rated tires. I will not be doing any towing with the truck, so I would prefer to have the "D" rated tires (for ride quality), but it looks like the "D" Duratracs are only available in the 285/70R17 and 315/70R17 sizes.

Will there be a noticeable difference in ride quality between "D" and "E" tires?

Old 03-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There will be very little difference in the ride between the D and the E. You do have different recommended pressures to deal with between them or your current tires. For that tire and your vehicle, you can run them at 45, slightly higher (50) if fully loaded to the max.

PS the biggest difference in ride quality is between a P series and any LT tire. However IMO, the difference in harshness is greatly overshadowed by the better handling of the LT tire. In all scenarios.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kingfish51
There will be very little difference in the ride between the D and the E. You do have different recommended pressures to deal with between them or your current tires. For that tire and your vehicle, you can run them at 45, slightly higher (50) if fully loaded to the max.

PS the biggest difference in ride quality is between a P series and any LT tire. However IMO, the difference in harshness is greatly overshadowed by the better handling of the LT tire. In all scenarios.
I agree, between the two D & E dont worry about the ride, go with the size you want and you will not regret it. Also, as mentioned 45 is a good starting point for tire pressure too, try not to go much lower than that.

Welcome to the site.

Quick Reply: Duratracs, "D" vs "E"