Help with wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with wheels.

Here's my truck, sorry about the picture quality, I took it with my Iphone the first day I got it. If you need some more, I can work on trying to get some.

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...t=IMG_0254.jpg

I've been doing a lot of searching and i can't figure out a wheel that I like. I'm going to level it and put either 33" toyo m/t or 295 nitto trail grapplers. I live in Illinois and around here they like to use a lot of salt so I'm looking for a wheel that will be able to be run year round because I don't want to have to go through the hastle of changing wheels every spring and fall.

At the moment I am looking for more of a machined wheel for my truck, I'm not the biggest fan of all black, but I could always change my mind.

Please someone help me.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Go with the 295 Trail Grapplers, probably plenty aggressive for most peoples needs and not as common and the Toyo MT. Personally I would just throw the TG's on your stock rims but if you are dead set on aftermarket the XD Addicts are a great looking rim that would look good with your truck.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:20 PM
I've actually thought about the addicts but I've been told about how cheap the outside of the wheels look where those little spikes are and I'm very picky about stuff like this. If I can't end up finding a wheel, I probably will just put them on my stock wheels like you said.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:28 PM
anyone?

Old 11-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Well I like the Monsters and Trail Graps on my black truck. Pics are in my album. But if you don't want black Monsters you should go with Fuel Guages or Fuel Hostages in black machined. They were high on my list as well.

Hostage Black Machined

Guage Black Machined

Links are just for picture puposes. Shop around. Good luck.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:30 PM
well thanks man, ill take them into consideration.

Right now I've kind of been eyeing the eagle alloy 197's but a few people around my area have them, and I would sort of like to be different if ya know what i mean.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Former Sponsor
When shopping for wheels you want to look for a wheel that is fully painted. Do not get into machined lips or the face of the wheel, no polished, chrome or anything other then a painted wheel. This will hold up the best in the salt.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Stick with your factory FX4 wheels, chrome or machine wheels will rust or corrode after one winter. I live in Northern Illinois and my chrome alum. rims corroded after one winter of salt. I even washed my truck 2-3 times per week-or use those FX4 rims for winter use only and a nice set of chrome rims for the summer

Old 12-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Thats what a lot of people do around here but I dont want to go through the hastle of changing them out every spring and fall. Also I really dont want to pay for 2 sets of tires, since my stock ones are almost ready to be replaced.

1 question though

There are at least 5 people I know that have had or are running the eagle alloy 197's and they ran them all winter long while they had them and never had problems. I'm considering getting them, I just don't know how they would look on my truck.

Could anyone possible do me a photoshop? If you would need a better picture, just let me know and I'll get on it.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Get some of the ford factory 20's. I hated them at first but now I really like them. They look good with a more aggressive tire on them.

Quick Reply: Help with wheels.