Backing plate rubber plug

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Backing plate rubber plug

Hey all,

so today I had the most gawd awful noise coming from my brakes in the rear. I limped back to the shop and pulled the rear tires, calipers, and roters off. I found on the right rear that the round rubber plug which I presume is for access to adjusting the e-brake tension has gone missing, thus letting in about a marble sized rock which did a number on the drum portion of the ebrake...

I went to local ford dealer and they don't have them, I'd have to replace the whole backing plate. Total BS...

I went to advance auto, auto zone, they don't have it either. So I've tried looking at a few places online and am coming up empty handed.

First off anyone know what i'm talking about, and if so where can I find this dang rubber plug?

I'm going to keep looking but your help is needed!!
Thanks!

Old 09-30-2010, 07:31 PM
judging by the lack of responses...I think I'm screwed...even went to a local junk yard and they didn't have any 04 and newer trucks in the lot that I could take one off of.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I thought i had seen them at Auto Zone in the help section, the counter guys wouldn't be aware of them sometimes.

Might even be able to pick one up at a brake shop, I'm sure they run into that all the time.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:48 AM
interesting...I will return to Auto Zone then soon and just wander the store instead of asking the counter. Maybe I'll drop by home depot or walmart and snag one off another 04! HAHA!

Quick Reply: Backing plate rubber plug