need help deciding on wheels and tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help deciding on wheels and tires

I have an 05 f150 lariat with 2 inch leveling kit and its time for some new tires and wheel but i cant decide what to get. I want to go as big as possible and would like to stay under $1400 if possible. I live in wisconsin so i would like a good snow and mud tire and whats the biggest tire i could fit on a stock wheel? any suggestions would be great thanks!

Old 08-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Not really sure on recommendations, but I just wanted to tell you several years ago, I bought a set of mickey thompson mtz and **** cepek rims off of ebay. the seller was jordan tire. Just wanted to recommend them to you. cheapest i found at the time. i bought the tires 305/70/16 and rims 16x10. for around 1250 total, mounted balanced and shipped to my door. If you are interested in ordering online, i would check them out. They have a phone number you can call, i believe its a family run business, i called at night, and spoke with the ownders wife, and she set everything up, and answered all questions. I say call, because Im about positive they can get you about anything you want, even if not listed online. I personally would not recommend those mickey thompson's i had, they were extremely loud on the highway, even for a mud terrain, and tread wear wasnt that great. Are you wanting mud or all terrain?? Depends on what you are wanting, good on highway, off road, or alittle of both. Just from hearing others talk the toyos are good mud terrains, very heavy and expensive though. bfg has good all terrain, i got 75,000 out of a set, and i hear good things about there m/t. but you pay for them. Alot of people run the nitto terra, but ive heard they dont get good tread wear for an a/t. Best tires by far ive run all around was the bfg at. decent offroad, and great and quite highway, with outstanding tread wear. as far as rims I havent bought any in several years, but i like the appearance of alot of the kmc wheels. Im sure some others will chim in soon.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Hey check out that post below, " show off your xd wheels" and see what you think. thats the kmc brand i was talking about.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:47 PM
alright thanks ill look into them. appreciate it. One of my buddies has a set of toyo open coutry at's on his truck and he loves them. so i thought about a set of those.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Those are an excellent tire. The Nitto Terra Grappler is almost identical to it as both are manufactured by Toyo.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have 18s now? 295-70-18 is a perfect size for a leveling kit.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:19 PM
yup i have 18's right now. could i fit 295-70-18 on the stock 18's? or what size wheels do i need to get?

thanks

Quick Reply: need help deciding on wheels and tires