Brake Hardware issue??

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake Hardware issue??

Hey everyone. I put new pads (ceramic) and rotors on the front of my 05 F150 but for some reason the drivers side squeaks now after I let off the brakes especially if I'm turning to the right, then she really squeaks. It will squeak for maybe 20-30 seconds as it gradually goes quiet and back to normal. If it is squeaking and I apply the brakes the squeak goes away. It is a squeak that sounds like there is a high spot on the rotor, it is not a constant squeak. More of a chirp, chirp, chirp, etc.

This was my first ever brake job. I did it at a freinds garage that his dad owns and he talked me through it but he didn't watch because he was working on another car. The only thing I did not do was put some kind of grease (sorry I don't know what it is) on the new clips that came with my pads that the ear of the pad slides in and on the backside of the pads. Other than that I greased everything. Could that be my problem?? I asked my buddies dad about it and he said all ceramics squeak for about 300 miles until you wear the swirls off the rotors?? Can anyone help me out?? Is this just a hardware issue or do I have something else going on? It does not feel like the brakes are dragging or sticking, but the squeak is driving me nuts. Especially when I pull into the family reunion on Sunday and everyone looks at me because my truck squeaks like an overgrown rodent.

Quick Reply: Brake Hardware issue??