Real Tire Sizes for Goodyear Duratrac

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Tire Sizes for Goodyear Duratrac

First post, so go easy... as I have searched... alot. I have been modding cars for years now, but I just got my first truck last week! I feel like there is whole new world I can get to now not being limited to the nice pavement Loving my black 04 FX4 Scab so far, but the previous owner has some little all-seasons on it which have to go ASAP!

I've spent the last few days looking at wheels/tires online and even driving around parking lots checking people's tire sizes. I finally have decided that mfgr specs aren't really very reliable and that you just have to get a tape measure out and see what tires are really running as far as size goes. 33x12.5's seem to vary, some look huge, some look kind of small... I'm wondering if anyone has actually measured theirs and seen where they come in. Specifically interested in pics and measurements of the goodyear Duratracs in 295/65/18, 315/70/17, or 325/65/18.

I'm also thinking about the Cepek FC-IIs if anyone has a comment on those or feel free to make another recommendation. Mostly use the Truck around town and on the highway, but it will get some decent mud time as well. I'm in Utah, and get up in the mountains where there is a LOT of snow/ice.

I'm really looking forward to spending some good time on the forums here... everyone seems nice and civil with is a rarity on car forums anymore. Thanks!

Last edited by gsea; 06-23-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, tires label the same size wil vary slightly from manufacturer to manufacturer. If you go to Goodyear's or **** Cepek's websites, they will give you the exact height and width of each size.
As for approximate size, a 315/70-17 is basically a 35x12.50-17 and a 325/65-18 is essentially a 35x13.00-18 tire. Also, remember tire sizes are always rounded up to the next whole number and they are measured unmounted.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply, the mfgr spec on the 295/65 is 33.1", but I'm just hoping to find out how accurate that is. I've seen people with 35's measure down like 33.5 once on the truck. The reason I ask is because I think I'd like to go a little taller than the 295/65, but all the way up to a 35" is too much for just a 2" level. Looks good, but once you start flexing the suspension and all I don't want to rub. So, ideally something that seems to measure out to 33.5-34" would probably be ideal. I found a used set here local in the 325/65 size but GY lists that as being 34.6" tall. I'm hoping that maybe it might run smaller than this. Maybe I'm not explaining myself well... sorry.

Last edited by gsea; 06-23-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Like I said, tires are measured by manufactures unmounted. If you start trying to figure sizes at the height they are when actually mounted on a truck, you are just gonna cause yourself a bunch of headaches. You will never get an accurate idea because there are too many variables like wheel width used, tire pressure, the weight of a vehicle, etc. For instance, the same size tire may "squat" more on an F-250 diesal than a F-150 because of the weight of the vehicle. Save yourself a lot of trouble and go by the manufacturer's listed height and width and info from members here.

Quick Reply: Real Tire Sizes for Goodyear Duratrac