3,000$ what should I buy???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3,000$ what should I buy???

So i lost my license back in january, have like 20 days left till I get it back. Saved myself 3000$. And iknow theres probably a million people on here that ask what Im gona ask, But just need some input. My truck is bone stock other than A/T bfg's, not even sure the exact size but i think they are bigger than stock, atleast 32's. Now I really want to buy 35's and a leveling kit i suppose. But I keep seeing these 6 inch lift kits that I really would like. I see you can buy em for around 1500 buck or so eh. Just wondering how much a shop would charge for install? i have no clue. And could I run the tires I have already on them. My guess is probably not, but I aint sure thats why im asking anyone. Just trying to figure out what setup i should spend my hard earned money on. Gettin kinda impatient lol i neevr have an extra 3000 to spend on my truck these days, wanna spend it on the right thing. So any input pics would be great! thanks

Old 06-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Suspended
If your truck isn't paid off I'd make a $3,000 payment on the truck. If it is paid off, I'd save a little more money, buy the 6" lift that you want with 35s and wheels because 32s will look too small, maybe look into performance mods to help with the extra weight, and gears. I say this because I have spent too much money on doing and redoing things. Plus the cost of labor will be cheaper if things are done at one time. For example, if you are going to pay to have a lift kit put on, you might as well be set up with bigger/better wheels and tires, gears, etc. while the truck is already torn apart (and with a 6" lift you WILL get tired of your 32s very quickly). It will save some time with labor, hence, money.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:10 PM

if you can install the lift on your own , $3,000 for lift , rims and tires is do-able.

You can get a BDS "stage 1" lift for about $1,650
Pro-comp stage 1- $1,500
Rancho 4" I think is about $1,500 with rebate and you can use your stock rims.

Install can run you anywhere form $600-$1,000 depending on your location.

As far as rims and tires, i'd look for a used set if your on a budget going with a suspension lift. or go with the rancho so you can use your stock rims untill you can buy new ones.

Dont forget about a tuner to adjust the speedo and get some power back.
theres another $300-$400

Or you can go with a 2.5" leveling with 35's and tuner for under $2,000

It all depends on high you wanna go. If you want a 6" lift save up and do it right the first time, dont settle.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:14 PM
^^x2 except i would level wid some 33's and increase the HP

Old 06-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Ya i wanna do it right. Theres this shop i know they can set me up with some 35's and rims but its pretty pricey, the guy told me around 2500 i think he included the leveling kit with that. BUt he also said they do financing and im not even sure if they do suspension lifts. But i think im just gona go with 35's and leveling kit, and get a tuner down the road. I dont even have a visa card so i have no clue how to get a tuner, cuz i wanna get a good one from Troyer or something. Not something u buy over the counter unless it is worth it. I have no clue about tuners but i do want to get one soon. The only reason i wanna get tires and rims now is cuz i wont have this extra spending money for another year too many bills. So its kinda like, now or wait another year. Last year i wanted to do this but never got the chance. So i think i wanna do the leveling kit, and get a tuner i suppose. But dam i would love a 6 inch lift, want one so bad. The Fords look so nice lifted

Old 06-11-2010, 09:49 PM
And ya wish my truck was paid off but it aint yet, g2 wait another 2 yrs i think.

Quick Reply: 3,000$ what should I buy???