Wheel / tire overload...!!! Help...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel / tire overload...!!! Help...

Okay - to start, I have a 2005 screw FX4 (red) with 18" stockers...

I have been looking and searching and reading for weeks now and i need some clarification with a few things. It seems that the biggest issue with any combo of wheel/tire is wheel backspacing and width. However, that seems to differ from post to post...

I am wanting new wheels and tires and am looking at either a combo with 18's or a combo with 20's. I am looking at eaither the rough country 2.5" levelling kit or the AS levelling kit. The more i read, it seems that the required backspacing is around 5.5" (like stockers) but there are actually very few wheels that have that backspacing as an option. It seems that there are a TON with 4.5 and then some will have optional offsets that are mostly all negative (which makes a smaller backspace).

With all of this said, there are alot of people here that have awesome trucks and i am just trying to figure out what setup you are running and if you have any rubbing/trimming.

Looking at all options right now - 18" and 20" with at least 33"x12.50 tires (or 325/60 - nittos)...

Any help here will be greatly appreciated!

Scott

Old 04-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A 9 inch wide wheel with 5 inches of backspacing is very common also and will fit/look great with 33's.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just got my wheels put on today. they are 20 x8.5 with 5.75 inches of backspacing. the wheels do have different backspacing if that is what you want. any where from 5.75 and lower. the wheels are made by walker evans.

Quick Reply: Wheel / tire overload...!!! Help...