New Tire Problems.. what next??

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Tire Problems.. what next??

I recently purchased a complete set of new tires for my 2002 F-250 from a major Pacific Northwest tire retailer.. The new tires were great for about 1000 miles and then they felt as though they were out of balance. I took them back and indeed they were and they rebalanced them. At this time the store said that if it happened again it probably needed front end work... I doubt this as all was fine for about another 1000 miles then the same thing. Took them to another dealer and paid to have them rebalanced as they were out of balance.. Since then this same thing has happened twice more. This week they said that all 4 tires were out of balance and it was probably due to the wheels throwing the hammer in weights so they used glue on / stick on weights to balance the tires.. I have stock F-250 alloy wheels that had no problems with previous tires on them. Today again after all was OK for about 150 miles or so, you guessed it.. vibration again. It does not matter if the tires are warm or cold. Since getting the new tires I have replaced the shocks, and had the front end aligned, (really didn't need it). Next week I am headed back to the store to complain... Could this be the sign of faulty tires or indicate a manufacturing defect.. Am I am wrong in asking new tires / replacements.. even if pro-rated for my use.. Thoughts / Opinions?

Old 03-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah sounds like a tire problem to me.....it happens. They should give you new tires. I had a buddy recently that had some real problems with some fairly new tires (<3000 miles) they balanced/rebalanced, etc. etc. and in the end they determined they were just bad tires and they replaced all four

Old 03-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. Sounds like a tire issue. What tires do you have?

Quick Reply: New Tire Problems.. what next??