wheels swap concerns!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry wheels swap concerns!!

well i decided to put on the wheels that i had bought from this lady who also had a 2008 f150. they are 18" chrome wheels with bfgoodrich tires. they are practically brand new with only 3000 miles on them. my truck came with the limited 22" wheels. so i figure i use the 18's as winter wheels cuz the low pro's on my 22's are horrible in snow. so when i had them put on & balanced today , it was smooth and my tpms light remained off. bout 4 hours later i go take a ride to jersey(40 miles) on the highway. while doing about 70 for about 10 min, my dam tpms light came on. so i pulled over, checked tires and all was good. i had a feeling switching wheels was gonna affect the tpms. so i get to my destination. did some shopping, bout 2 hrs lata i headed home. once i got back on the highway, it felt real bumpy. the more i drove the more it went away but still about 10% of it still there. before i got on the highway i dont recall feeling any bumpiness. i know its not a flat spot or an off balanced tires cuz i just had that done. anybody got any ideas??

thanks, anthony

wheel info:

2nd hand 18's = F150 '04-'08, 18x7.5, 6 lug, 5 double spoke chrome cladded alloy wheel

stock 22's = 22" Ford F150 Limited edition wheels, 22"x9"

Last edited by AntzFreshWhip; 10-17-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:34 PM
You just need to train your wheel sensors. The dealer can do it or you can buy the tool on ebay, as far as flat spots i would think a couple of hours isnt enough to cause flat spots.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by Beaus Truck
You just need to train your wheel sensors. The dealer can do it or you can buy the tool on ebay, as far as flat spots i would think a couple of hours isnt enough to cause flat spots.

i agree with the flat spots. im thinking maybe 1 of the weights fell off of the rim. if it continues, il prob bring it back to where i got the wheels balanced and say it dont feel right. maybe i can get them to re-balance it for nothing.
but whats that tool called? and is it specifically for ford trucks?

Last edited by AntzFreshWhip; 10-17-2009 at 11:52 PM.

Quick Reply: wheels swap concerns!!