ABS after Lift/37's

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS after Lift/37's

So over the last 3 days or so when slowing down to turn both left and or right it seems as if when making the turn my ABS will kick in and try to bring the truck to a stop in the the middle of the turn, during this time the Traction light is blinking.

Anyone happen to know what this might be ? What might be causing it ?

Plan to get it into the dealership ASAP but would like to go in with some idea of what might be wrong so that i can ensure they look into what the problem might really be, and not what they just perceive it to be =)

Old 07-10-2010, 02:09 AM
did u ever solve this? Im about to lift my '10 Platinum with the ProComp 6" with coilovers

Old 07-10-2010, 09:59 AM
read up here and the post i referred too as well in there. seems to be issues with the tcs systems on the 09 10 trucks.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Actually I have read through that before but no one seems to have solved the problem (unless I skimmed over it).I was merely asking BlackPlatBDS if he solved it. Some guys are having and some aren't and the ones that aren't typically have a programmer.

I will put it on Pro Comps shoulders if it happens bc they advertise that it "wont effect RSC"... so we'll see. Just looking for answers at this point. Thanks though papajohn.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:30 PM
it says that it wont affect rsc but the issues people are having is with the tcs. 2 separate systems on the truck unfortunately.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Well it seems like you're looking for a way NOT to fix it. You just want to prove me wrong w/o really knowing what pro comp said or really the interaction of the systems, lol. Don't rain on my parade man . i will find a fix lol. Here's the actual pro comp wording...

"The engineering team at Pro Comp used state-of-the-art CAD technology to develop new suspension systems for the 2009 F-150. These sophisticated new systems deliver maximum performance and control without compromising the AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control® (RSC®) systems now standard on all F-150s."

So yes, they did fortunately say that it will cause no problems with either system. The systems are integrated. AdvancedTrac being the traction control System and RSC is just a part of traction control. RSC monitors AdvanceTrac to see if any tires are moving faster then the other tires plus adds in a vehicle pitch/angle sensor. Its AdvanceTrac WITH rsc. Anyway, we'll solve it. We always do. And again, was just seeing if BlackPlatBDS solved the prob.

The answer lies in where these sensors are. I thinking there maybe a sensor somwhere around the CV. I say this bc most of the spacer/level guys are having the problem when the 6" guys arent. This might be bc the cv angles are corrected on the 6" kits where as the leveling kits push them too far. BlackPlatBDS has a 6" but added a spacer kit too. Im wondering if it was cured when he went to the Rize as the cv angles would be fixed, or at least better.Ford engineers may have a sensor watching the cv angles as that would signify a tire lifting (potential vehicle roll). I don't know. Just thinking it through.

Last edited by casedog; 07-11-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Well it seems like you're looking for a way NOT to fix it. You just want to prove me wrong w/o really knowing what pro comp said or really the interaction of the systems, lol. Don't rain on my parade man
now now now.... im not teying to rain on your parade ive been keeping an eye on these issues as well as i have a '10. just unfortunately all ive seen or heard so far are about people having problems and trying solutions to get it corrected. if procomp feels they have it corrected and people will not be having these issues anymore then i have my radar set on this system.

Quick Reply: ABS after Lift/37's