ABS Light coming on and off

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS Light coming on and off

So i just got my truck back from getting a new rear end and wheels and tires put on(it was in an accident and the only thing that had to be replaced was the rear end) anyways I see that my ABS light is coming on and off typically right after I start it. I took it to the shop that did the work and was told it was the front driver side wheel speed sensor they thought.

I didnt have any problems up until now but Id like to take care of it myself. So how does one change/check the front wheel sensors?

We tried clearing the code and it would show back up after restarting. The mechanic said it checks for voltage from the sensors upon start up and will throw a light right away.

I did note that after I stopped there I took it to the carwash and blew a bunch of dirt/gravel off all the wheels and wheel wells from a weekend of offroad hunting. After doing this the light stayed off on the ride home. Kinda makes me think a wire or connector is loose somewhere.

Any help and opinion would be great!

Old 10-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chances are it's the rear one, seems coincidental. I checked the resistance in ohms on mine, supposed to be .400 or something, was zero, replaced (fairly cheap) and no light anymore. Wished it was that easy on the old lady's 06 Explorer. Damn ABS light won't shut off, checked pretty much everything.

Quick Reply: ABS Light coming on and off