Squeak, squeak , squeak noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Squeak, squeak , squeak noise

I have a 99 f-150 4x4 4.6 160k miles 2 wheel ABS.

I noticed about a week ago as I was leaving home for work a squeak, squeak, squeak noise coming from what sounds like the front left wheel area. I jacked up the wheel and gave it a spin, and sure enough it almost sounds like a rubber against rubber type sound or maybe it is a gind. It always appears to be in the same place while rotating the tire, not intermittant.
Could this be the hub and if so is this a major replacement. The ball joints have been replaced 6 months ago the brakes and rotors were replace on 10-2-09.

The noise is irratating and the wife is worried that the front wheel may lock up.

What are your thoughts on this I really need feed back and input here. This is our only transportation and the wife is diabetic and has M/S so we have alot of Dr appointments.

Thanks so much

Mike M

Old 10-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Location: Greensboro, NC but goin to State so now its Raleigh
I got the same noise on my 07 im gonna be goin home from school for fall break next week to take my brake system apart and figure it out cause its irritatin an kills the mood. It goes from wow that's a sweet lookin truck to weird looks cause of the squeak. So ill let you know what i see in mine and maybe itll help you out in the process

Old 10-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Alright do I pulled my barkes apart and what I got was hte pads are pretty worn down for one, i also packed my hubs but i wheel my truck and your hubs may not need that, the biggest part i think was that i had tons of mud built up in the calibers from wheelin i figure so i cleaned all that out and no more squeakin noises. Hope this helps you out a little bit.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Ford4Evrer
Alright do I pulled my barkes apart and what I got was hte pads are pretty worn down for one, i also packed my hubs but i wheel my truck and your hubs may not need that, the biggest part i think was that i had tons of mud built up in the calibers from wheelin i figure so i cleaned all that out and no more squeakin noises. Hope this helps you out a little bit.
i had the same problem on my 08. i'l only hear it at low speeds. i took it to ford and i think it had something to do with a dust cover that had to be lubricated. it was so annoying. but i cant remember exactly what it was. but i do remember the dealer saying its a pain to get to.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:28 PM
That's how mine was as well. I just pulled it apart and did what I posted earlier and it quit. Ive never heard of lubein a dust shield but maybe. What I did worked for me wheelin it dont help especially if its stuck over night which really sucks by the way. Did the dealership get it fixed ( I dont bother with my local dealer theyre idiotic scams who doant have a clue on these trucks)?

Old 10-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Most of the time, a can of spray silicone lubricant can be used to freshen the seals and wipers all along the drive axles. Spray it where the axle shafts go through a seal that is stationary and it will probably shut them up.
The rubber gets hard over time and starts squeaking on the rotating shaft.
Happens more often cold and goes away as the seal warms and softens.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:47 PM
i would do what roser said. but my dealer took care of it. i try not to deal with my local dealer but under warranty stuff i do. and when i bought my truck, they offered a maintenace package. its a few bucks extra a month. i didnt want to be bothered doing it myself so when ever maintenance has to be done, i take it early on a sat morn and dont gotta worry bout it. but when they do change something, i check to see if theres a new filter on there b.4 i leave the lot. me and my brother are always in there and they know us by heart. so they reali dont try to screw us over. the 1st few times were rough. once i left my truck there to be worked on the next day, and when it was done and i picked it up, my change holder in my center console- i always keep full. i noticed it was empty. now the 1st time i didnt catch on and didnt think nothing of it. but the second time i set them up and caught them. i went into the dealer and let the sales manager have it. he offered to replace wat was missing and write me out a check. lol so i told him it was a few dollars in change, so he handed me a 10 and said he wouldnt let it happen again. so from there on, i always check and take note of whats in my truck.. lol.

Trending Topics

Old 10-20-2009, 05:51 PM
they are honest to me about stuff. like when they rotated my tires, they told me to come down to the garage and they pointed out to me my tired, that they were so worn on the inside wall, that metal strands were sticking out and i didnt see it. things like that they are kool with.

Quick Reply: Squeak, squeak , squeak noise