Serious Brake Issues.... Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Serious Brake Issues.... Please Help!

I drive a 97' V6 4.2 Front wheel drive F-150, its been my work truck for almost 5 years and has had its share of problems. When I bought the truck it had been sitting for a while so we replaced a lot of parts. The drivers side rotor, pads, and caliper were all in pretty good shape I had the rotor turned and reassembled. As for the passengers side it was in bad shape. Since, the rotor couldn't be turned and the pads were worn out we replaced the caliper in the mean time, it was fine for about two years but when the time came to change the brakes I had the same issue the passenger side was gone and the drivers side was alright. So I changed all the rotors, pads, and calibers.
This time within two weeks the brakes were acting up my truck would pull the wheel to the right when slowing down and the rights side rotor is already starting to go bad. I am assuming it is either the right hose, or the master cylinder. I'm hoping someone can either tell me a quick check solution to determine which it might be or another option in efforts to fix this issue that has obviously been going on for a while, but gradually gotten worse. Any suggestions?

Old 10-01-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm no expert so please people chime in if im wrong (I dont want to give bogus info), but it sounds like you have a sticking caliper.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes the caliper will stick occasionally but like I said, the caliper is brand new and has been replaced before so I am assuming that the issue is somewhere before the caliper in the brake system since it has failed there before.

Quick Reply: Serious Brake Issues.... Please Help!