Grinding noise after brake job! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Grinding noise after brake job! HELP!

ok, i just did my brake pads and everything was fine and i had it all re-assembled, when i put it in reverse to exit the garage there was small grining noise coming from the passenger front. i've done my brakes before but just incase, i took the tire back off and looked to see if i left something out. it all looked fine, so i re assembled the brakes and put the tire back on and still the grinding noise! i drove it around the block hoping it would just stop. and it still does it. it rarley and barley does it in drive. but really does it in reverse any ideas? its a 04 f150 fx4

Old 07-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Just finished with my brakes an hour ago, same thing had happened to me. Switched the pads from the back of the rotor to the front and vice versa, no more grinding in reverse and better than new.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by primetimekittle
Just finished with my brakes an hour ago, same thing had happened to me. Switched the pads from the back of the rotor to the front and vice versa, no more grinding in reverse and better than new.
why would that fix it? thats odd. i wonder what would cause the noise. i'll try this thanx!

Old 07-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Not sure what was grinding but when I switched them the grinding stopped completely. The new thermoquiets I put on had a metal tab on 1 pad (the one I moved to the outside of the rotor) could have been grinding on the back side but I couldnt tell.

Quick Reply: Grinding noise after brake job! HELP!