need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need a little help

hey guys, I know its probably been discussed b/f. i've searched and searched without finding anything. here it is, I HATE those stock pirelli's with a passion. want to put on some cooper zeons. dont want to get a leveling kit, seen and heard some pretty bad stories about them. want to go 305/55/20, but have read that size should not be used offroading with stock 20 wheels. will they fit, and will that size spare fit under the bed thanks and if anybody got anypics that would b e great

Old 05-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes they will fit if you have a 4x4. And yes, a 33 inch tall tire will fit in the spare location.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by jcfx4king
hey guys, I know its probably been discussed b/f. i've searched and searched without finding anything. here it is, I HATE those stock pirelli's with a passion. want to put on some cooper zeons. dont want to get a leveling kit, seen and heard some pretty bad stories about them. want to go 305/55/20, but have read that size should not be used offroading with stock 20 wheels. will they fit, and will that size spare fit under the bed thanks and if anybody got anypics that would b e great
Someone will correct me if I am wrong but on the trucks that cames with 20"s rims, the original spare tire under them was on an 18" rim.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor

This is a picture of my truck before I added a 2.5 AS and AAL with Cooper Zeon LTZ 305/50/20. I had no major issues with them rubbing. Only a slight rub at full lock on the sway bar.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:32 PM
when you say you have seen and heard bad things about leveling kits, what do you mean? I feel there are pretty solid, and dont cause harm at all to the truck. I know that after 2-3 years some can start to rust, but what stops people from just replacing it or taking it back to stock?

Old 05-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Marshmallow
when you say you have seen and heard bad things about leveling kits, what do you mean? I feel there are pretty solid, and dont cause harm at all to the truck. I know that after 2-3 years some can start to rust, but what stops people from just replacing it or taking it back to stock?
I assume he is referring to some of the harsh angles that the 3 inch kits develope with the CV joint and premature wear of front suspension components in general. Most agree that a 2.5 spacer is as high as you should go. That being said I doubt any added wear by my kit will cause me problems during my trucks life?