need help finding rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 07:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need help finding rims

Hi mew member
I just got done with my f150 get a nice set of rims on ebay, went to get tires put on (20"rims ) and oops the rims dont fit .the bolts line up but the hub (i think.. round thing in senter of rim was too small to fit the round thing in senter of bolts on truck) im looking to put 22" rims and tires on my

2004 f150 4.6 new body super crew 4/4

can someone please help me with the right size rim and tire to put on ??

Im looking for fullsize tires not low profile ones..

thanks

Old 05-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Well the size rims are going to be your call. You are looking for a rims with a 6x135 bolt pattern. What are you going to us your truck for?? If you are going to go mudding and crap you than I would recommend 17's or 18's (you can get a lot of rubber). If you add a leveling kit you can add 33in tall tires or push 35(some rubbing and trimming would help you fit this) But if you want a lot of wheels go with 20's or 22's. I just bought 22's and I'm only going to have 5 1/2 inch rubber. But I ain't mudding and stuff. A lot guys will help you with your decision on this forum. Just wait for a member Wandell (expert for all this stuff)

Old 05-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks.. my truck has a body kit on it so no off roading for me... just looking for the what size rim i can use.. I would like to put 22"rims on, but dont know what I'm looking for I took me a week to find crome lug nuts for this truck.. petboys, auto zone and napa all had different sizes for my truck.ended up going to a specality chop to gat them 14mm/209 something like that.allready have a set of rims that dont fit, sitting at mavis tires I was so amped when they jacked up my truck to put the new rims and tire on and they dident fit ...

Old 05-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you just purchased the wrong wheels. Your bolt pattern is 6x135mm. If you purchased a wheel with that bolt pattern and it won't fit over the hub, the wheel manufacturer has screwed up and manufactured a defective wheel.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Like wandell said wrong bolt pattern. Do you remember if they 5 or 6 bolt? If so you can save yourself money and probably get the wheel adapters that changes your 5 bolt to a 6 bolt and use the rims you got already. I am going to use 305/45r22 tires. Which is 33.2 inches high and like 12-13 wide. Like I said before 5 1.2 in of rubber on top. If you want more tire I would go 20's. Go here and talk to someone about the wheel adpaters. http://<br /> http://store.gaugemag...ladapters.aspx. Also for the lug nuts go to discountiredirect.com (Gorilla Chrome locking lugs for $45)

Old 05-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi thanks.. thay have 6 holes (the rims) and my truck has 6 bolts the center between the bolts on my truck there is a round thing that is to big for the rims do thay sell something for that?? so the hub ( I think ) will fit into the rim thanks keith

Old 05-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Don't know man maybe a wheel spacer but that's me just throwing something out there. Did you go to a wheel place and ask them for their advice??

Quick Reply: need help finding rims