how to shut off rear breaks temporary

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to shut off rear breaks temporary

I know, proubly a stupid idea... but im doing the burn out comp this weekend for the local car show. and id like to find a way to dissable the rear breaks. any ideas except installing a line break? maybe pinch the line somehow, or when i change to my old tires pull the calipers and tie them up maybe... any suggestions?

Old 04-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by polpilot
I know, proubly a stupid idea... but im doing the burn out comp this weekend for the local car show. and id like to find a way to dissable the rear breaks. any ideas except installing a line break? maybe pinch the line somehow, or when i change to my old tires pull the calipers and tie them up maybe... any suggestions?
you can discontect them completely then stop the end off, but that doesnt seem like what you want to do,

i geuss you could take the brakes off totaly but you might want to put something there for the caliper to clamp on so its not dry claping

Old 04-29-2009, 11:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would suggest a lineline over anything. dont take the calipers off or you will have no front brakes either. I guess you could clamp the rubber line running down to the rear axle, just be sure not to put a hole in it.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:06 PM
you could try putting a clamp or some vise-grips on the rear flex lines... just be sure that the spinning wheel doesn't hit it.

But there is a high probability of doing damage to the line.

The safest bet (other than putting in line locks) would be to un-thread the fittings and cap them. But I don't know if you could find stock parts to cap the thread. And you would need to re-bleed the system when you put it back together.

I must agree with you... it is a stupid idea...

Old 05-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Talking Woo Hoo!!!

So, i ended up pinching the flex line with a pair of vice grips, and a couple quarters to spread it out a little, worked GREAT! didn't damage the line at all, and was very effective. i won 1st place... vid here https://www.f150online.com/forums/st...ml#post3710946

Old 05-04-2009, 12:02 PM
nice... hopefully you won enough to buy a new set of tires!

Quick Reply: how to shut off rear breaks temporary