Pitting Chrome on Helo Maxx 6?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pitting Chrome on Helo Maxx 6?

Well I thought I could keep my chrome wheels from pitting by keeping them clean but that did not work. Any advice on how to keep them from getting worse? They are Helo Maxx 6's and I have had them for 10 months. The winter has not been that bad here and I have washed/cleaned them after ever bad weather we have gotten. I have the guy contacting the distribuitor where he got them from but have heard they will say that I didn't take care of them correctly. Any suggestions or advice on what to do now?

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
I'm getting the same thing happen on a couple of my American Racing wheel's. I heard taking some 0000 steel wool and rub lightly and see how it look's then apply some polish. Come back with some wax at the next washing. I'm going to give it a try maybe next weekend. My fault for going through some saltwater at the boat launch and not rinsing them off.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Moved to Aftermarket.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:00 AM
I had the same problem with some KMC Diesels. Started within 4 months. Truck gets washed every wknd and I on average may put 500 miles a month on it if that. I had cheaper name brand wheels last longer. The place I bought them from will exchange them for me, but the diesels in a 22" have been on back order for almost a yr so I have to get a diff KMC wheel. Probably the Hoss.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:57 PM
My Moto metal chrome rims pitted in the center hub area, i thought it was from salt water or the salt air where i go to work but to find out it was the brake dust, if it is in the center of the wheel where the cracks and curves are and not on the outer rim i would say brake dust, i kept mine clean enough not to get the way they are. I tried to have the dealer replace because it was under a year but they said it was my fault for not cleaning properly, so i switched to black and machined screw chrome never again will i buy a chrome rim, they look good but its a waste of money if that happens that easy, my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Pitting Chrome on Helo Maxx 6?