F150 Lariat 4WD Brake Pedal Won't Retract

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 03:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 Lariat 4WD Brake Pedal Won't Retract

1997 4wd, I have read the problems posted here, cause I have/had all the pad rotor/hub problems too, & I've replaced the pins on both sides, and I think I have enough info to go on from here, except I have one thing to add. I have had to beat my right rotor off with a hammer, and when I replaced it with a new rotor, it seems like the wheel rotates to tight…maybe a problem, maybe not, but where my situation may differ is that my brake pedal will not fully retract after each time I press it down for braking. It was like that before and after I have done the brakes. I have to use my foot to hook underneath it to pull it back up. And I have noted the one comment in here in this forum about replacing the hoses. The owner of a repair shop insists that the brake pedal retracting problem is not related to my rotors/pads problem(and he has also looked at it and says he doesn’t know what the problem is). But it’s the pedal problem I would like to address here. Any ideas? One guy told me to check the suction by taking one end of the hose off the master cylinder, but when I tried that, I noticed due to the nature of the connection there, that I might not be able to get it back on very easy. I am also posting a starting prob with the steering columb. I use this truck for plowing my driveway so time is running out on me!

Last edited by mwelch_58; 11-24-2008 at 03:55 AM. Reason: More info

Quick Reply: F150 Lariat 4WD Brake Pedal Won't Retract