stainless brake hose vs. standard

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stainless brake hose vs. standard

Is the ridiculous difference in price worth it for the stainless? I've got a 1997 F-150 4x4, and just got done doing the ball joints, and may have kinked a hose in the process. I'm wondering if anyone has a favorite on-line source for the regular hoses, or if it's worth the more than $100 additional to go with the stainless. I don't know--at about $20-$25 each for the standard lines, I could replace a LOT of standard lines before I got to the price of the stainless.

My truck is for go, and pretty much NO SHOW, so I couldn't care less about the looks of the "pretty stainless." I was more interested in it for longevity, but the price is excessive, in my book, unless they're THAT MUCH BETTER.

Help? If they're not that much better, how about the lowest priced ones out there?

Thnx guys.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:10 PM
didnt know stainless lines were that much more.

they do offer longer durability, as they wont swell or rot, and they help with brake response. you will all but lose that "spongy" feel to the brake pedal.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Overkill, seriously that's the difference. If it was the same or close price, sure what the hell but it's not. Save your money.

Quick Reply: stainless brake hose vs. standard