275/70/18 size...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the compliment! I think the XD Monsters are a perfect wheel for Dark Shadow Grey F-150's. Be sure to post some pics of your truck when you start modding it.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been following what you have done with your truck, plus a lot of others on the forum.
I bought my '08 in August when the deals were hard to beat.
I loved my '03 XLT STX white supercab, and unfortunately, I still really miss it. I made a quick decision to buy this truck with all the incentives at the time.

But.....I just can't put my finger on it, but I just am not 100% happy with this truck for some reason. I've thrown a bit of money at it so far, but am still looking for what to do to make me say "oh yeah" when I look at it.

So far has been a tonneau cover, nerf bars, and Hella blackout headlights. I love the look of the Hellas with the DSG, so I am happy with the front end for now.

That is why I have been looking at wheels and tire sizes. I don't have a bunch of money to throw at it right now.

I got a set of 18" Lariat wheels with the beige inserts. Of course, the beige won't work in my opinion, so I saw where one of the members here painted the beige gloss black - I like the look.

That is my plan to paint my wheels like that. Then to this topic - I think the 275/70's will look great.

Anyway, sorry to bring this thread off topic, but this is what I have so far:

I guess I should start my own thread looking for suggestions on what other mods might give my truck a little "pop", but staying subtle.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:30 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lookin good HiVoltage. Thanks for all the pics!

Stormtec, Id throw a chrome exhaust tip, some Harley tails, and a nice grille on that thing.
PTM bumpers would really set it off too.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:12 AM
Technical Article Contributor

CJ i say you save the money on the tires and put it toward a 4" rancho lift. I think a proper suspension lift with aftermarket shocks is going to do mounds more for you than tires will, seeing how you use your truck and that it sees lots of off pavement use.

I was in the same boat/situation, im glad i saved up for a couple years.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:42 AM

Hey Stormtech,

I agree, get some Harley tail lights. They are subtle, but look great on the DSG trucks. Wheels and tires will be the biggest difference! I am selling my 20x8.5 Wingmans if you are interested? It's amazing how wheels alone changes the look. You are on your way! I can't wait to see once you have it finished. BTW, here's what my truck used to look like with the Wingman wheels:

Old 10-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for all the ideas guys -

I know that wheels/tires will make the biggest difference - just a pretty big investment, and want to be sure I do it right the first time!

You've got me sold on the Harley tails - going to get a pair in the next couple days.

Edit: Ordered the Harley tails - looking forward to my next mod!
I like the idea of the subtle change those tails will give me - you guys are killing my bank account!!!

Last edited by stormtech; 10-07-2008 at 11:14 AM. Reason: added info
Old 10-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
CJ i say you save the money on the tires and put it toward a 4" rancho lift. I think a proper suspension lift with aftermarket shocks is going to do mounds more for you than tires will, seeing how you use your truck and that it sees lots of off pavement use.

I was in the same boat/situation, im glad i saved up for a couple years.

I know, I need to get rid of this d@mn leveling kit. $2k+ for a lift and tires is a lot for me to throw down at one time on something that I dont absolutley need though. Im not sure how many more miles I will get off these TGs either, probably a fair amount though. I might end up going through another set of tires before I can even justify lifting the truck. Maybe by then the price of a lift would go down too (doubtful).

You could always take the one off your truck and let me uhh...'test' it for a couple (10+) years

Nice sig pic btw.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:37 AM
What is wrong with having a leveling kit?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by ToofastFX
What is wrong with having a leveling kit?
Nothing! I have one and I am perfectly happy with it. If I could afford a 6" lift, I'd do it, but a leveling kit allows me to run 33's and that's ok with me. For now!

Old 10-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Here is another option for you, but you have to have wheels with perfect offset! I dont really care for my wheels but they were on the truck when I bought it. They do look a lot better with the DC tires then the little 285/65 yokos that were on it.

305/70/18 DC mud country

Old 10-12-2008, 12:32 AM
The 275/70-18 works good. They look better than stock 275/65-18. I however upgraded to OEM 20's. I have one Michelin LTX a/t 2 in size 275/70-18. If anyone needs it. I used it as a spare but the tire never saw pavement. It is brand new. I would be interested in a trade for the stock Goodyear ATS 275/65-18...

Old 10-12-2008, 04:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Bartak1
I know, I need to get rid of this d@mn leveling kit. $2k+ for a lift and tires is a lot for me to throw down at one time on something that I dont absolutley need though. Im not sure how many more miles I will get off these TGs either, probably a fair amount though. I might end up going through another set of tires before I can even justify lifting the truck. Maybe by then the price of a lift would go down too (doubtful).

You could always take the one off your truck and let me uhh...'test' it for a couple (10+) years

Nice sig pic btw.
Thanks, there are a couple pics in my sig, so i dunno which one you are talking about.

I dont think i can let you barrow the lift . My truck looks too sexy with it on, it cannot do without it. Not to mention it rides better than stock, WITH 35" mudders. You really need to invest in a suspension lift with afterkmarket shocks, you will LOVE mashing down the dirt roads.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:56 AM
I wanna get the 275/70/18 Cooper S/T Maxx but the spec sheet lists the maximum wheel width as 8.5". But the KMC Addict wheels I want are 18x9 so I dunno if that would cause problems with the tire or make it look funny

Old 03-27-2018, 05:23 PM
Leveling kit

Can you fit the 275/70r18 on 18x9 with no leveling kit? Anyone have this set up? I want to do this with my 08 but don't want to put a leveling kit.
please attach photos if possible.

Quick Reply: 275/70/18 size...