Whats up with my brakes??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats up with my brakes??

Normally in the morning when I first pull out of my driveway, the brakes squeel a little bit. I guess it's the little bit of rust that forms on the discs over night coming off. After that, by the time i get to the end of my street they stop squeeling. Well, within the last week or so, it's gotten REALLY LOUD and BAD and now it happens after my truck sits in the parking lot at work all day. So I figure I need new pads.. I took my rims off to check all my pads and they all look good, about 3/16" - 1/4" of pad material left...
Driver's side

Passenger's side

Old 08-15-2008, 03:37 PM
what do the back sides look like?

Old 08-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by ace7337
what do the back sides look like?
x2

My 1998 had good pads on the outer side but the inside pads were worn a lot more.

Replace your pads, replace your shims, maybe turn those rotors, and use plenty of high temp. grease on your slide pins, and anti-squeal behind the pads. Problem fixed.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:40 PM
They have the same amount of pad. I thought I took pics of the inner pads as well, but I guess I didn't. That is what threw me off.... I though maybe the caliper was hung up or something and constantly running on the inners.... But they all look good

And my rear pads look even better than the fronts.

Quick Reply: Whats up with my brakes??