Maintenance of black vs chrome wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maintenance of black vs chrome wheels

I am debating switching my chrome wheels to black with silver accents and I'm wondering if these black rims are lower maintenance than the chrome ones. One of my Python wheels already have some pitted spots (I've had them less than a year) and I do not want to switch rims for the winter. Any inout from you black wheel owners out there? I am considering these wheels for my truck, any opinion on how they would look?

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orus...idproduct=8930

Old 07-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those wheels look pretty good! Check out my gallery. I have Eagle 137's. They make this same wheel in a all black version. The simulated bead lock is regular polished with the caps and lug nuts as well. I kinda wish I went with those instead, but too late now!

Old 07-31-2008, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey charron....

I think those are nice looking wheels, which would look good on your truck.... but I'm probably kind of biased ;-)

I actually have the all black ones that UofKboy mentioned, but I've only had them on the truck for about a month, so too new to have any problems yet. Did have a few cats **** on them... wiped right off. Haven't seen any pits or chips yet either. I think these are actually factory powder coated, which of course is more durable than paint.

Anyway, I think a silver and black scheme would look good on your truck, but being the extreme kind of guy I am, I'd kill the chrome (wheels first, and bumpers shortly thereafter) and go ALL black. I think it would look great on your red truck, but that's just MPO.

Peace,
Fish

Quick Reply: Maintenance of black vs chrome wheels