How much will your tires "really" cost you ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well.....

as I often say, I'm happier with a pole in my hand, and an empty wallet, than I'm am when I'm at work, with a full one :-)

The only reason I can justify spending so much money on a truck is, that's what I use to get my boat to the water :-)

Peace,
Fish

Old 06-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by NCSHP311
Work more, fish less....
LOL. That would be enough to make me wanna off myself.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Drdudsads
Not to be a complete *** here or anything but if you broke it down like you did than forget about it man. Either you want them or you dont and you will find a way to make it by.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Desert Racer
Not to be a complete *** here or anything but if you broke it down like you did than forget about it man. Either you want them or you dont and you will find a way to make it by.
x2 if i had to break everything down like you do id never do anything to my truck. Thats too much work.

Thats why I bought my lift and 36" tires then after i drive it for a month we will see if i can afford it! Impulse buys are great!

Old 06-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Hey guys.....

I call it, logical thinking, based on as much good info as possible. I see lots of people make impulse buys that they end up being unhappy with. That doesn't happen to me very often.

I'd have been more likely to just jump for whatever looked best, 20 years ago. But I'm 43 now, and quite a bit more cautious about my buying decisions.

Of course, please note, that I am planning to buy some decently / modestly larger tires, than the stock ones.... 33.7 diameter. If those work well (don't hurt my mileage too much), and if gas prices level out, I might try to squeeze some 35"s on it in 3 or 4 years when these are worn out.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you Desert, and Trimble ?

Peace,
Fish

Old 06-16-2008, 05:37 PM
im 20 work close to 60 hours a week, support myself and my daughter and still can afford my truck and hunting season!

I kinda see where you were going with that question... dont go there!

And im not saying i dont research what i buy its just i dont break things down like you do. Im not saying its a bad thing just something that i would have the time nor the patience for!

Old 06-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Hey Trimble.....

don't worry man, I wouldn't talk any crap about your age...... *****, I WISH I was 20 again, myself ! :-)

Also, I have to be totally honest with you, that when I look back at the stuff I did 23 years ago, it's not my "impulse buying decisions" that I regret :-)

But anyway,
just something that i would have the time nor the patience for!
I suspect you might, by the time your old and worn out like me ;-)

Peace,
Fish

Old 06-16-2008, 06:26 PM
well theres not much i regret as of right now! im sure theres things that i might later. but the fact is im straight edge i dont smoke, drink, or cuss. that saves me money the usual 20 year old goes though.

Quick Reply: How much will your tires "really" cost you ???