Electric Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electric Brakes

I purchased a 2001 supercrew last year and it has a tow hitch and wiring, how can i tell if it has electric brake hook up?

Old 04-19-2008, 09:42 PM
on my truck it was underneath knee bolster on driers side in a blue plug on the right side lower dash look in glove box for bag with relay fuse and jumper harness if you have factory hitch has 7 way rv and flat four side by side then you will be prewired for brakes

Old 04-21-2008, 02:15 PM
SM
Sounds like you purchased your truck used, so the relays that came in the accessory bag might have already been installed in the underhood relay box (if it came with the factory tow package).

If the wiring plug under the rear bumper near the hitch receiver is a seven-pin connector, then you should be wired for electric trailer brakes. If the plug is a flat four-pin, then you are not wired for trailer brakes. In that case you probably don't have the factory tow package. Your hitch and wiring were probably added after the truck was originally purchased.

If you have the factory tow package, the previously mentioned accessory bag should also have contained a seven-pin to four-pin adaptor, for use if you want to tow small trailers with only a four-pin connector and no brakes.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the Help. I looked under the dash I have a gray and a black connector. On the hitch I have both the 4 pin and the 7 pin connectors.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:15 PM
I purchased prodigy brakes controller, and i called them, they told me how to hook it up. Free tech advice.

Quick Reply: Electric Brakes