Just changed my first set of pads....quick question

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just changed my first set of pads....quick question

So I just got done changing my own brake pads for the first time witht he guidance of my girlfriends dad. Everything went great, but the red brake like on my dash is now on? Any ideas what it might be? Brake fluid is good and the parking brake is off.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How does the pedal feel? Firm or soft? When you hold the pedal down for a few seconds does it drop more?

Old 04-05-2008, 10:55 PM
The parking brake is off to say you released the foot pedal, how's the actual brakes themselves? Mine siezed on me, actually doing it again and I had to drive the hook back to have the light go out. I have rear discs and took a big flat screwdriver and a hammer and drove them back till I could service them. Check that out, otherwise it could be a front ABS sensor possibly.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:13 AM
The red light means you have a foundation brake problem and not ABS. Have you had the truck on the road yet? If you pushed your caliper pistons back to change the pads, when you step on the brakes the first time the master cylider thinks there is a large leak so it turns the light on. You can usually turn it off by pumping the brakes a couple times and then depressing the brakes hard for a couple of seconds. This will reset the switch that turns the light on.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Just changed my first set of pads....quick question