Upgrade my brakes/rotors

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Upgrade my brakes/rotors

I have an 06' Scab FX4. It has almost 60,000 miles on it right now and I am on my original brakes.

I have examined my brakes on the front and they definitely need replaced. I am probably getting very close to the warning area where they squeel. I have ran my fingernail on both front rotors and have minor grooves on both. I can visually look at my drivers side front and see where it is pulsating just due to how the wear is. I feel slight pulsating when braking as well as minor squeeking when I drive slow. Sounds like brakes to me.

So I have been researching on what to buy. I am pretty much sold on the Hawk LTS pads, and am coming very close to buying the Cryo Powerslot rotors from Tirerack.com. They are $99 a piece there.

Is it worth upgrading all 4 rotors to the powerslots? I am looking at doing the front end first, then the rear a couple months from now. Or should I just stick with stock ones and have them refinishing on the lathe?

Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Old 02-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can get both Powerslot rotor and hawk pads for you... and either match or beat tire racks pricing.

IF you wanted to go for a more agressive big brake it, we are an authorized Brembo dealer and have some great incentives going.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Alon

Old 02-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Alon, you don't have anything Brembo listed on your site yet. I was wanting to do a comparison.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Turd Furguson
Alon, you don't have anything Brembo listed on your site yet. I was wanting to do a comparison.
We have a deal worked out with brembo that we will be their "premier" online vendor. Right now we have an uploader who is working on very comprehensive listings, but he has not finished yet.

We have a low price guarantee on Brembo, feel free to email or call me for specific pricing.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:49 PM

Double check that price cause Power Slot Cryo's are not $99 They are more like $125 to $135 ea. I scoured the net and the best price I found was around $125 ea. You were most likely looking at the regular Power Slots. I just got all 4 plus Carquest blue pads for my '06 FX4!

Old 02-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by hivoltagefx4
Double check that price cause Power Slot Cryo's are not $99 They are more like $125 to $135 ea. I scoured the net and the best price I found was around $125 ea. You were most likely looking at the regular Power Slots. I just got all 4 plus Carquest blue pads for my '06 FX4!
Good catch !! They are no name Power Slots.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:48 PM
To OP:
Which Power Slots are you talking about? For the Expy, the "Power Slot Cryo-Treated Rotor (Style: Slotted, Finish: Cryogenic)" are at least 132 at tirerack. I don't know how much different these are than the ones used on the F150.

To Alon: PM sent

EDIT: Actually, I didn't see any Cryos under 04 F150 (Dad's truck)

Last edited by ELVATO; 02-09-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Upgrade my brakes/rotors