Judging interest: New racing wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Judging interest: New racing wheels

Let me start by saying I am not an employee or vendor of this product. The website was shown to me by a friend and I made a phone call. I am merely an enthusiast that is very interested in getting these wheels available in lug patterns and offsets made for us.

Found a new company started by none other than Greg Weld, the creator of Weld Racing Wheels. Today I talked with Mike Kent at Greg Weld Design (a long time employee of Weld Racing also) to ask if a wheel was being considered in our lug pattern and offset. He told me that it was being considered but would be released no earlier than next season(2009)...at best. I asked him if I could collect some data from the people that would be using these wheels and he obliged. From our conversation, if I could get enough interest, it could very well bump up the production date for us, considerably. With his permission, I am posting this to see if there is enough interest to get this rolling.

My goal is to get these wheels out as soon as possible so we have an option that doesn't include spending $2000 for a set or something that looks cheap that just works.

I'll let you all be the judges. My question to you is this. Would you buy these wheels if they were available to us in the correct lug pattern and offsets and so on? If you are interested, what sizes would you most like to see first? Mr. Kent told me it would probably be a 15" or 17" wheel at first, with new sizes coming later. He also told me prices would be comparable to what you see on the list, regardless of lug pattern and offset.

Here is the link to the site. The Dragstar is the wheel in question and will be the only one made for us at first. (Unless there is huge demand for the Prolite)

http://www.gregweld.com/brands/styles/?bid=2&id=6

Please post your comments so I can forward them to Mr. Kent and possibly get us another racing wheel option!

Thanks,
Jason

Quick Reply: Judging interest: New racing wheels