Vibration from ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration from ???

2007 F-150, 5.4L, 4x4,3.73, 4.5" Superlift, 35" Toyo MT

I drove my truck to the dealership to get the oil changed yesterday and felt a vibration in the front end that I have not felt before. I have the Toyo MT tires, but at freeway speeds they just howel. They do vibrate the truck when starting out but this vibration starts at around 50mph and is very noticeable at 60-65mph. I asked the dealership to drive it to see if they felt it, but I am not sure that they could have reached the speed I feel it at due to the traffic. Has anyone had a wheel bearing go out or something that might cause this. You can kind of hear the vibration and feel it in the floor board.

I had wheels and tires balanced and rotated 3 weeks ago. Could a tire weight have maybe come off? It goes to Les Schwab (Tire shop) on Sat.

Thanks All!!

Old 10-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you get the tires balanced, make sure you get them road force balanced. That will tell whether the tires are within spec, especially for roundness. Yes a weight could have come off. It could even be mud within your wheels.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the dealership could not find anything... i had the wheels and tires balanced and rotated again. vibration is happening at the same speed and feels the exact same. i can feel it in the floorboard. anyone have an idea?

Quick Reply: Vibration from ???