07 f150, final word on tps bands and new rims please????

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 f150, final word on tps bands and new rims please????

I have an 07 f150 and would like to change the rims. Can the tps monitors be re used? Can the sensor be used with new bands or are they one piece?

I hate to take the bulb out incase down the road something were to come up and somehow me altering the system came back to bite me. Also on another note, I hate to pay $60 a pop for new sensors along with breaking down the old tire rim to mount the new rims.

I have read some "solutions" on here, but would like to know is there any way with out paying through the nose that I can retain the factory tps system?

Thanks!

Old 09-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can have the oem sensors mounted on the aftermarket wheels, but this will require new mounting bands.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Check Ebay. I found 4 sensors for $100. All I need now are the bands.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:34 PM
called a dealer today and was told the bands were just plain worn drive hose clamps. This did not sound like the same bands I have heard desrcibed here. The guy claims they can be swapped rim to rim as long as the rim size stayed the same. This sounds too good to be true! Is this guy on crack, or can I simply take them off my stock wheels and put back on the new wheels.

I have seen a couple of quick fixes for this and they sound good. My problem is all the problems that have occured in just 6k miles of use. My luck if I dont do things the right way, they will come back to bite me with the bad luck already associated with my truck.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 07 f150, final word on tps bands and new rims please????